Huge haul at Wally World

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty sure this is the largest number of coins I've recovered. Nothing outstanding, but a lot of them.
DSCN5048.JPG
DSCN5045.JPG
DSCN5046A.jpg
DSCN5049.JPG This has been my most productive location. I'm noticing an unusually large number of the new nickels being rejected on several occasions. Anyone know why this particular token is selling for around $8 on eBay?

OP
OP
S

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a nice haul. Are there a lot of foreign coins in that mix? Were any of the rejects stuck together? I ask because I have been trying to figure out how so many good coins are rejected by these machines.
The bottom 2 rows are all foreign coins, mostly French Euros, 1 Spanish, 3 UK, and 1 UAE. Only 2 coins were stuck together, which was surprising for that many coins. I'm wondering, if a Coinstar is full does it reject everything? I'm sure there are some perfectly good coins in there.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My theory on good coins being rejected is they slid through along with a foreign or a token.

qtrs-xcite-me

Mar 28, 2022
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
My theory on good coins being rejected is they slid through along with a foreign or a token.
I would love to see the inside of one of these machines. I was wondering if coins stuck together might drop into a sorting slot with the stuck coin sticking up where it "punts" other coins into an overflow chute. Either way, I think the important lesson we have all learned is that if we use one of these machines, we need to remember to check the reject bin and send those coins through again.

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty sure this is the largest number of coins I've recovered. Nothing outstanding, but a lot of them. View attachment 2074908 View attachment 2074909 View attachment 2074910 View attachment 2074911 This has been my most productive location. I'm noticing an unusually large number of the new nickels being rejected on several occasions. Anyone know why this particular token is selling for around $8 on eBay?
Nice haul ...not sure why good coins get rejected... I've had good coins get spit out at the bank coin sorting machine....it really makes me wonder why coins are left behind... perhaps they think they are rejected for being foreign and just leave them...?

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Nice haul ...not sure why good coins get rejected... I've had good coins get spit out at the bank coin sorting machine....it really makes me wonder why coins are left behind... perhaps they think they are rejected for being foreign and just leave them...?
I guess I’m weird, but I don’t care what coin goes into the reject tub… I’m taking it home with me. I’d never say, “oh that’s Canadian, Mexican, etc” and leave it. I’m mostly Scottish and we’re known for frugality.💰💷💴💶🤑

OP
OP
S

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I’m weird, but I don’t care what coin goes into the reject tub… I’m taking it home with me. I’d never say, “oh that’s Canadian, Mexican, etc” and leave it. I’m mostly Scottish and we’re known for frugality.💰💷💴💶🤑
Agree with that! Most of my foreign cons go to grand and great grand children. Maybe they will catch the bug and start collecting in some form. Took grandson and granddaughter detecting at Sebastian Inlet just this week.

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Agree with that! Most of my foreign cons go to grand and great grand children. Maybe they will catch the bug and start collecting in some form. Took grandson and granddaughter detecting at Sebastian Inlet just this week.
One of the best things you can pass down to them, IMO. Good job

Bamasteve

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2022
Very far north of where I’d rather be
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 400
Garrett carrot
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Pro-find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on introducing a younger generation to an outdoor hobby!
Good luck!!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been thinking of pouring resin in a drink coaster form with my foreign coins and giving them as gifts to friends of the same nationality.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread