Huge haul from DC century old bottle dump!

Fossil_adult

Apr 9, 2021
Detector(s) used
Got a Chinese knockoff brand off Amazon. Now I don’t know how to use it or where to even begin.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit the jackpot. There was the average amount of bottles that I found here today, but the amount of artifacts found today more than makes up for it. Particularly since I haven’t found a bottle at this site in over months. This was probably one of my best days here. I finally have found my first complete doll figurine. It would have been two had the second one not been broken off. Nonetheless, this was a really stellar find, and I hope to find one of these complete in the future. Also found a bone handle to a utensil of some kind, a lot of weird century old electrical components, a buckle to a belt, a pipe stem, a glass leaf, and just a lot of artifacts strewn about. I’ve never come away with this many artifacts before, but this sure was a fantastic day. Here is everything found:

The complete haul:

FCE840F1-346A-43BB-8814-61206F48F742.jpeg

So many artifacts. There was a lot to be found here. Next time it’s not 18 degrees out I will go give this another check because of the high winds. It’s bound to turn up more here.

Flipped:

765E25D0-BF47-4461-84C8-58F992A488F1.jpeg

The doll figurine is my all time favorite from this site. Made of fine china, it’s in very good condition. I only wish the other half was there. My heart still skipped a beat when I came across it, however! The glass leaf is also is superb condition, and it’s even slightly melted, which I find cool. Im wondering what some of the electrical components might be and what they were used for. Those are very common here there are a lot of broken ones that I don’t take with me.

Bottles:

DAFA5D4E-5B8C-4835-9BFF-8C5959214C45.jpeg
Also found some cool bottles here. To the left, the milk bottle says “S&S Lewinsville Dairy Storm & Sherwood,32-47 Q ST N.W. Washington DC.” The other side says “S&S Quality Guaranteed Registered Half Pint Liquid” this is an awesome little milk bottle I had only wished that there were no cracks. There was a second Complete milk bottle but it got busted up on the trip back and I went to reach for it and it cut my finger. I’ll learn next time to look before I reach. I had to throw that one away. The blue bottle on the right says “Washington Brewery company Registered Washington DC” and then says “This bottle not to be sold” it’s blown in a mold and a very pretty bottle. I will find time to clean it up when it’s warmer outside.

Close ups of the better artifacts:

7DFC13C0-1843-47A3-B238-C79C34769E25.jpeg

That fine china doll is just awesome. I am very glad to find it in this condition and hope that maybe this storm will whip up its counter part as well. I wanted to get more antiques in this picture but I had to chose my favorites so the little capudine headache bottle stayed in. Machine made, but it’s such a cute little bottle. This was one of my best days here I’ve had yet.

Flipped:

D8CA6A35-65FB-4C5F-9637-77B9C5111861.jpeg

I look very much forward to returning to this site. I don’t know what it’ll bring up next time, but I do know that whatever it may be, it’s going to be good!

Attachments

• A807A6CB-BE1E-4AA4-8C12-71D62F1B17B3.jpeg
    A807A6CB-BE1E-4AA4-8C12-71D62F1B17B3.jpeg
    58.7 KB · Views: 23
Upvote 14

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit the jackpot. There was the average amount of bottles that I found here today, but the amount of artifacts found today more than makes up for it. Particularly since I haven’t found a bottle at this site in over months. This was probably one of my best days here. I finally have found my first complete doll figurine. It would have been two had the second one not been broken off. Nonetheless, this was a really stellar find, and I hope to find one of these complete in the future. Also found a bone handle to a utensil of some kind, a lot of weird century old electrical components, a buckle to a belt, a pipe stem, a glass leaf, and just a lot of artifacts strewn about. I’ve never come away with this many artifacts before, but this sure was a fantastic day. Here is everything found:

The complete haul:

View attachment 2060812
So many artifacts. There was a lot to be found here. Next time it’s not 18 degrees out I will go give this another check because of the high winds. It’s bound to turn up more here.

Flipped:

View attachment 2060813
The doll figurine is my all time favorite from this site. Made of fine china, it’s in very good condition. I only wish the other half was there. My heart still skipped a beat when I came across it, however! The glass leaf is also is superb condition, and it’s even slightly melted, which I find cool. Im wondering what some of the electrical components might be and what they were used for. Those are very common here there are a lot of broken ones that I don’t take with me.

Bottles:

View attachment 2060814 Also found some cool bottles here. To the left, the milk bottle says “S&S Lewinsville Dairy Storm & Sherwood,32-47 Q ST N.W. Washington DC.” The other side says “S&S Quality Guaranteed Registered Half Pint Liquid” this is an awesome little milk bottle I had only wished that there were no cracks. There was a second Complete milk bottle but it got busted up on the trip back and I went to reach for it and it cut my finger. I’ll learn next time to look before I reach. I had to throw that one away. The blue bottle on the right says “Washington Brewery company Registered Washington DC” and then says “This bottle not to be sold” it’s blown in a mold and a very pretty bottle. I will find time to clean it up when it’s warmer outside.

Close ups of the better artifacts:

View attachment 2060816
That fine china doll is just awesome. I am very glad to find it in this condition and hope that maybe this storm will whip up its counter part as well. I wanted to get more antiques in this picture but I had to chose my favorites so the little capudine headache bottle stayed in. Machine made, but it’s such a cute little bottle. This was one of my best days here I’ve had yet.

Flipped:

View attachment 2060817

I look very much forward to returning to this site. I don’t know what it’ll bring up next time, but I do know that whatever it may be, it’s going to be good!
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like your small dairy/ milk bottle best. Could easily be dated with a little research as with the cheesborough Vaseline jar....those had very specific changes to their embossing through the years of manufacturing and dating periods associated with those changes.

OP
OP
Fossil_adult

Fossil_adult

Apr 9, 2021
Detector(s) used
Got a Chinese knockoff brand off Amazon. Now I don’t know how to use it or where to even begin.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your last two pics show an old electrical panel fuse...top left and a porcelain part to a electrical keyless or pullchain type light fixture..bottom right
Thank you so much! Those are so fun to find.

I like your small dairy/ milk bottle best. Could easily be dated with a little research as with the cheesborough Vaseline jar....those had very specific changes to their embossing through the years of manufacturing and dating periods associated with those changes.
Yeah I will do some research on where that dairy bottle originated from.
Yea I agree with you, its a jackpot.
A very good location.

Was this in the city or countyside?
This was the city. There isn’t that much countryside in DC you have to leave DC to get countryside. Which I do quite frequently because I enjoy the country more than the city.

Thank you guys for all the replies! I love going to this location.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice recoveries once again.
Here's a screen grab on the milk bottle pre 1920's
Screen Shot 2022-12-24 at 11.17.19 AM.png

Top Member Reactions