Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First and foremost I like to thank louisianaman for the invite to a permission it was old ground from 1723 next to the Mississippi River. The problem was we only had a hour and it was a hour away but the humidity was low so off we went then to the Fort. Now we get there and we knew we had to read the ground fast got a whole piece of black glass piece of lead then I hit a jar lid with the ceramic inside and then I got the same signal at 2 inches down and I dug it BAM! 1805 Carolus IIII 8 Reales so lucky Beautiful details minor wear this makes my 3rd 8 Reales in the 6 years I?ve been detecting [emoji256] [emoji1317][emoji256] IMG_3292.jpg
IMG_3293.jpg
IMG_3283.jpg image-2021-09-23-16:36:07-955.jpg

image-2021-09-23-16:15:45-734.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 4
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW !!! What a beautiful find !! Huge CONGRATS !!! I love that you found it near the Mississippi River. My mind wanders when I think of all the old treasures that are still in the ground around there. I hope you can get back to that area and spend a lot more time & find some more great old coins & relics. CHEERS !!!:icon_thumleft:

Thank you Jose if we get a better opportunity we?re going to try on making it back the guys dad is old and he doesn?t want us there and he never leaves the property he rarely. so his son said just ride over and see real quick. We may have to two wait it out.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truth....you rascal !! Wow buddy what a beauty !! Congratulations on another big ole spanish silver !! Awsome find truth !! Im voting banner !! I love it brother !!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Banner... the condition is stellar... crisp.

Well done truth.

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am Reale jealous, for sure. Awesome find. I saw you posted recently on a thread about the lack of banner finds on this site the last few months, and now you have a contender. Congrats on the great coin and good luck for a banner - you got my vote.

Last edited:

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All hail truth, the 8 reales magnet!:notworthy: great job, imagine if you dismissed that signal as another mason jar lid!!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to admit....threads like this really get me fired up...thanks for the motivation truth !!

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Truth we know how hard you work the ground and we all enjoy your posts. This one is super special and you deserve a big "Congratulations" for that amazing find!
Good for you sir!
- Brian

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Huge congrats one the silver Truth. Well deserved.:occasion14:

Query: How do you manage to keep those nails looking so nice?

Georgivs

May 16, 2018
Athens Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Incredible! I have an undug version in my collection. My dad knows I've always dreamed about finding spanish silver so he gave me one.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Truth....you rascal !! Wow buddy what a beauty !! Congratulations on another big ole spanish silver !! Awsome find truth !! Im voting banner !! I love it brother !!

Blak Bart Coming from a guy that worked so hard and motivates me as you do I appreciate that nod so much I have been blessed it is truly unbelievable the feeling you get which I know you know when you see they Old big silver as you know and with all the gold you have found it never gets old that feeling that high. We are truly blessed hard work pays off

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am Reale jealous, for sure. Awesome find. I saw you posted recently on a thread about the lack of banner finds on this site the last few months, and now you have a contender. Congrats on the great coin and good luck for a banner - you got my vote.

lemmac Thank you so much yes a bunch of us were talking a noticing nobody hit that level in a while. I truly appreciate the vote

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All hail truth, the 8 reales magnet!:notworthy: great job, imagine if you dismissed that signal as another mason jar lid!!

Hey Tp I?m telling you I could?ve passed it up to because I?m also working with a sciatic nerve that is tearing the hell out of me but I know that if I would have passed it up I would?ve been thinking about it the whole time and eventually would have to walk back and check it it?s an obsession LOL I appreciate your vote

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Truth we know how hard you work the ground and we all enjoy your posts. This one is super special and you deserve a big "Congratulations" for that amazing find!
Good for you sir!
- Brian

I appreciate that brianc it?s truly amazing the lock that is found me just when I think I?ll never have another and you say it and you keep saying I did it I did it I did it I did it LOL crazy

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Incredible! I have an undug version in my collection. My dad knows I've always dreamed about finding spanish silver so he gave me one.

Georgivs That?s how I feel about large cents I have found only 3 large cents ever You have more Spanish silver down this way. And I found those this year so all these years I?ve been thinking maybe we didn?t even use copper LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread