Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
98 degrees in town yesterday, so I headed for Tahoe again. There's a stretch of the river just below Tahoe where rafting is a huge tourist business and on a warm day you can see hundreds of rafters on any small stretch of river. It's pretty tough hunting with cold water, heavy current, slippery rocks and rafts to dodge, but people are losing stuff all day long.
I can normally find a piece of jewelry or two and a ton of clad here.
Yesterday was different. Plenty of rafters, but all I got after 2 1/2 hours in the water was a big pile of pull tabs, bottle caps and 12 cents in clad. I was starting to shiver so I was making my way to the spot where I could climb out of the river when I got this super loud and big high tone on the Simplex. I was in a little slow-water cut out along the bank where it was kind of silty. Figuring it was just another beer can, I casually scooped to do my part to de-trash the river. The silt immediately clouded my view, but a wave of the detector told me I either had the target, or the current took it for a ride. When I looked in the scoop I was completely shocked! What the heck? Never, ever did I expect this!
My second Peace Dollar this year!

1923-s
Btw, I didn't clean it either, this is how it came out of the water!

Attachments

• 17Jul2022a.jpeg
    17Jul2022a.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 806
  • 17Jul2022b.jpeg
    17Jul2022b.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 618
Upvote 99

408_Dirt_Fisher

May 14, 2013
San Jose, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro & Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
98 degrees in town yesterday, so I headed for Tahoe again. There's a stretch of the river just below Tahoe where rafting is a huge tourist business and on a warm day you can see hundreds of rafters on any small stretch of river. It's pretty tough hunting with cold water, heavy current, slippery rocks and rafts to dodge, but people are losing stuff all day long.
Yesterday was different. Plenty of rafters, but all I got after 2 1/2 hours in the water was a big pile of pull tabs, bottle caps and 12 cents in clad. I was starting to shiver so I was making my way to the spot where I could climb out of the river when I got this super loud and big high tone on the Simplex. I was in a little slow-water cut out along the bank where it was kind of silty. Figuring it was just another beer can, I casually scooped to do my part to de-trash the river. The silt immediately clouded my view, but a wave of the detector told me I either had the target, or the current took it for a ride. When I looked in the scoop I was completely shocked! What the heck? Never, ever did I expect this!

1923-s
Nice find!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

1923-s
wow, she's a beauty and in such great condition. Big time gratz!

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

1923-s
That’s a winner! Congratulations

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

1923-s
Awesome!!!!! Congrats!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread