Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Recent hunt at a 1920 permission was interrupted by a call from my bride, (rare) she broke her ankle on our stairs! I returned to whisk her away to the ER and subsequent surgery. She is on the mend and in good spirits, but already impatient with the lack of mobility. Pic attached.

On the bright side, it was an interesting area that holds promise for many more hunts. The site was within 100 yards of an inter-urban railway operating from 1906 to 1940. There are dozens of properties along this stretch so I am holding out hope for more permissions when I finish this one.

The other silver lining is being tied to the house (on wife duty) gave me time to clean and research the finds far better than my norm. :)

1895 IHP, 1907 Barber dime, 1917 Mercury dime, lots of wheats and clad.

Silver plated spoon, couldn't make out the stamp.

Early 1900s Post Office Department button, Waterbury. Art Deco two piece button.

Small decorative buckle, would love any help with the ID (couldn't get the pictures to upload)

The Jones Store Company charge coin, precursor to the credit card. Very cool

Tag for the Rahe School, likely a tool tag. Found 10 of these. Rahe school was an early 1900s farm machinery repair school commandeered during WWI to train troops on engine repair.

Trolley token, love that one

Parcel tag, name and address go back to an apartment building erected 1918 and still in use today.

Reins guide and maybe a sash buckle?

The thing with all the screws is an inside look at the Bionic Women. :) Thanks for peeking and hope to start swingin' again soon. HH

Attachments

• IMG_1397[1].JPG
    IMG_1397[1].JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 114
  • IMG_1394[1].JPG
    IMG_1394[1].JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_1395[1].JPG
    IMG_1395[1].JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1396[1].JPG
    IMG_1396[1].JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_1398[1].JPG
    IMG_1398[1].JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1399[1].JPG
    IMG_1399[1].JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1400[1].JPG
    IMG_1400[1].JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 84
  • IMG_1393[1].JPG
    IMG_1393[1].JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 82
Upvote 18

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
those are some cool relics , sorry to here about your brides injury , have you ran your detector across here ankle yet ? and what's with the screws that look out of place?

OP
OP
Hunk-a-lead

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
those are some cool relics , sorry to here about your brides injury , have you ran your detector across here ankle yet ? and what's with the screws that look out of place?
Love that, thanks. It does strangely appear as though on of them is kinda "left over" and they weren't sure where to put it. When my wife asks me to put something together, there is often some hardware left over, wonder if the surgeon has the same issue...............

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
X-rays are 2-D pictures of work done in 3 dimensions. They can (and will) put screws into the bone without using plates.

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Recent hunt at a 1920 permission was interrupted by a call from my bride, (rare) she broke her ankle on our stairs! I returned to whisk her away to the ER and subsequent surgery. She is on the mend and in good spirits, but already impatient with the lack of mobility. Pic attached.

On the bright side, it was an interesting area that holds promise for many more hunts. The site was within 100 yards of an inter-urban railway operating from 1906 to 1940. There are dozens of properties along this stretch so I am holding out hope for more permissions when I finish this one.

The other silver lining is being tied to the house (on wife duty) gave me time to clean and research the finds far better than my norm. :)

Early 1900s Post Office Department button, Waterbury. Art Deco two piece button.

Small decorative buckle, would love any help with the ID (couldn't get the pictures to upload)

Tag for the Rahe School, likely a tool tag. Found 10 of these. Rahe school was an early 1900s farm machinery repair school commandeered during WWI to train troops on engine repair.

Parcel tag, name and address go back to an apartment building erected 1918 and still in use today.

The thing with all the screws is an inside look at the Bionic Women. :) Thanks for peeking and hope to start swingin' again soon. HH
Very fine hunt! Please give your wife my best for a speedy recovery!

Blewfur

Jan 12, 2021
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver
Nokta Makro Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ouch! I hope the Mrs. a speedy recovery.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ouch! I hope the Mrs. a speedy recovery.
Hope all goes good with her recovery!

You need to plan ahead for her recovery! Ask the docs to suggest(tell) her MDing is the best pt there is. She should make you take her as much as possible. Buy her a machine & you're both off & running (pun intended). Again, hope all goes well with your new hunting partner!

OP
OP
Hunk-a-lead

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hope all goes good with her recovery!

You need to plan ahead for her recovery! Ask the docs to suggest(tell) her MDing is the best pt there is. She should make you take her as much as possible. Buy her a machine & you're both off & running (pun intended). Again, hope all goes well with your new hunting partner!
thanks and love your way of thinking boogeyman!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread