pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Seems like its inching closer to the keys !?!?
Screen Shot 2022-09-27 at 7.00.44 PM.png

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is cranking here right now....steady 40 for last 20 minutes. Gust to 50 id say......had to go out and secure my carport with lines.....its howling !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its still pummeling us here in the keys.....a train wreck is happening a little at a time. Little pieces of peoples life keep blowing by. So happy that it stayed offshore, but it was sure much closer than they said 2 days ago. Im still wondering if it will come ashore much more to the south of Tampa than they predicted. Winds have had to reach 50 here in keylargo, and probably higher sometimes. Its blowing 35-40 still !! School is out for second day now. God bless all of you north of us.....ray....be careful man !! Trailer is no match for cat 4 storm.....hang on bro !! I've got to put eyes on the outside now and see whats happening in the neighborhood.....if I can !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next we will have the bay overflow....as the storm makes landfall to the north the counter clockwise rotation will force wind and water into the Florida bay.....and over the keys from the opposite direction of yesterday's surge.....again im crossing my fingers🤞🤞🤞I couldn't see much in the dark.....but I could here stuff blowing around and crashing noises were herd here and there.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most importantly.....my boat made it through without the neighbors sap-o-dilly tree falling on it. The tree is over 120 years old and looks like it'll make it through another hurricane......its been leaning my way since Irma.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fort Jefferson was in the eye !! Thats way closer than they ever said. Im sure keywest was battered and flooded !!
Looks like Tampa is right on the edge now. It certainly slipped south. The upper barrier island of Anna Maria will be spared once again from a direct hit.
Not looking good for the those that are in direct line of this monster.
Thinking of the beach front we stayed at in Venice for a month. Probably will be a goner after this hit. :(

Screen Shot 2022-09-28 at 6.15.34 AM.png

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Pouring rain here on the East Coast, no wind yet and hopefully we won't get much, maybe a few gusts later tonight & tomorrow. Supposed to rapidly weaken after it comes ashore so by the time it skirts us we should be OK. My nephew pulled his boat and got out of Ft. Myers yesterday. My niece in Bradenton should be fine with some heavy rain and gusts. Everyone take care.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well...I can tell now that this is far from over for us and will probably be an all day affair again for me. Its stronger now than last night.....intensity has stayed the same for us....about 35-50 with some lulls here and there. Its roaring out there as this thing strengthens. This is gonna crush cape coral/fort meyers area !! It just looks like its getting stronger as it land falls !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread