Hurricane IAN check in thread

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I work on that gare.....marlin tuna mahi and wahoo fishing.
Oh man, wish I had access to that Tuna and Mahi, wife makes excellent dishes with them, just too expensive in stores. The cost to go deep sea fishing too rich for my wallet as well.

Im buttoned down and waiting for this slow storm to move past us in Orlando.

Stay safe all.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunkered down here on the East Coast 3 blocks from the beach. Lot's of rain & street flooding but beats having the storm on my shore. Fried baloney for lunch, ice cream sandwich desert. Taking a nap now praying for those closer to the storm.
Sounds like a very good plan.....were getting rain, and wind still. About the same for us with wind 30-40......there was a break with rain, but now its back. Lost part of my tent shop, but thats to be expected. Gonna wait till tomorrow to untie all the boats.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screenshot_20220928-173615_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20220928-173856_Instagram.jpg

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hundreds feared dead in Lee County!! Its looking pretty ugly and 2,000,000 million are without power. We are the tip of the spear, and the first to see the storm.....we are also the first to get through the storm. We are waking to a beautiful sunny breezy day so far....the cleanup begins and we are lucky to not have to much damage. God bless the rest of florida and help those in there struggle to recover !! This one has changed florida once again !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I haven't herd from @ARC, but I know he evacuated to somewhere else. I fear he may not have much to return to, and where ever he went is probably without power....let's prey for him and hope he checks in today !! Also @RayHeezy im so happy that you got out of the trailer brother !! Wow....I know your probably without power and water so check in when you can and post some pics. This is gonna be grim with fatalities so brace yourself folks !! The area of Naples is all canals, and barley above sea/swamp level. The houses are packed together on 50 x 100 lots by the million. Anyone who stayed in these homes has a story to tell this morning.....if there still here to tell it.

Also....this storm is a classic example of a storm not going exactly where they said it would....for me it was a reminder to finish all prep work.....we kinda only did half the prep, and almost paid for it. Waking up at 2 am to roaring winds that are 20 mph more than you thought it would be sucks !! Wondering if you should have done this or that is gut wrenching and an un necessary worry. It came closer to the keys than they said, and now its exiting around Central Florida not Jacksonville !! I got lucky !! I hope others are as lucky as me and not sorry or worse !!

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ian is exiting to coast just south of Cape Canaveral. I'm 35 miles south and have a light breeze & drizzle. Seems the rain is all north of the storm, good for us. We received around 5-6" of rain since yesterday. The poor people on the coast in Ft. Myers need prayers and help. The sheriff of that county says maybe 200+ deaths. Sad.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ian is exiting to coast just south of Cape Canaveral. I'm 35 miles south and have a light breeze & drizzle. Seems the rain is all north of the storm, good for us. We received around 5-6" of rain since yesterday. The poor people on the coast in Ft. Myers need prayers and help. The sherif of that county says maybe 200+ deaths. Sad.
Keep your head down newnan !! You seem to pretty seasoned vet for this hurricane drill....good luck brother !!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saw this post this morning on LinkedIn. Always a terrible mess for so many these hurricanes are.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220929-060630_LinkedIn.jpg
    Screenshot_20220929-060630_LinkedIn.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread