🥇 BANNER Hurricane irma uncovers 1733 treasure fleet coin, on Friday the 13th !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woooo hoooo !! I got one !! A big old fat, chunky, full size, dated piece of eight cob !! Took 5 hunts after the hurricane to get a cob. Only been out of the sand for an hour. Beautiful low tide hunt at the hurricane hole, wasn't there 45 minutes before I got the cob. Found another strap keeper from the wreck too. What a great morning. photo-676.JPG
photo-677.JPG
Im almost certain this coin will clean up incredibly well as it is a full size piece with a bold strike. Pretty sure its dated 1732, and was pulled from high ground by the hurricane. I found it in ankle deep water at mid tide. Woo hooo !! Got to clean the old girl up. Friday the 13 th was pretty darn lucky for me so far. Nice odd shaped piece. Looks like it came from the middle of the bar !!

Upvote 133

Chiltepin

Sep 25, 2017
Southwest US
Detector(s) used
BH Time Ranger
Primary Interest:
Other
Stunning find!

(Updated to banner congratulations)

Last edited:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Can hardly wait to see it cleaned up. Congrats on making me jealous!

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the awesome Piece of Eight find! Is there a special type of Cob that is elongated as the one you found? I ask because I have never seen one so elongated like a rectangle! Keep at it and you might just find a few more. Don't you just love it when the storm surge, abnormally high tides and large waves wash out treasures from the Sand Dunes that have been locked up in them for 284 to 500 years??!!

Frank

Last edited:

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet! Hope you can get it cleaned up a bit. Great find! :icon_thumright: Nice to see that Irma left something Good for you!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo-678.JPG man its cleaning up nice. Your right frank never seen one quite that shape before, ill take it though !! Maybe that makes it a bit more desirable ?? Man that made my hurricane !!!

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe it's captured or mined metal that was stamped and to be sent back and process, more of a small bar than a coin? Though I have no idea

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Well now...that there is a keeper.
L.o.l.. Congrats!
Do you still see it when you close your eyes at night?

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ill probably fall asleep with it in my hand tonight. Thanks everyone its a 1732 OMF Mexican mint. photo-679.JPG slowly cleaning up. Man I love spanish treasure, a hurricane buried it and irma unburied it !!

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW! That is awesome! Great find!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread