I always wanted one of these.

kenley

Nov 2, 2008
Seminole County, Ok.
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Back in the late 50's, I worked next door to the shipping dept. They had a stencil machine that I could
use anytime I wanted. I labeled anything and everything. I always wish I could get one of my own.
Last December, I walked down to the East end of a wild pecan grove before daylight and set down with my back to a cottonwood tree waiting on the sun and some squirrels. I just lay my pistol agross my lap and with the sun at my back it's easy to pick off squirrels. I just let them lay until I get my 10. Then I holster the pistol and walk around picking them up. I spotted a wheel thing in a pile of leaves against a deadfall and investigated. I was my long sought after stencil machine, a quarter mile from a dirt road and 10 miles from the nearest town. There was no way I could carry it out, so I borrowed my near blind neighbors two wheel dolly and the next morning I picked 10 more squirrels and the stencil machine. My neighbor and I played with it and couldn't make it do anything. He suggested I leave it with him and let him "play with it." Last month, he ask me when I was going to pick it up. I don't know what he did, but it works well. We decided that it was dropped by a tornado.
Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• DSC00733 (Medium).JPG
    DSC00733 (Medium).JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 3,361
  • DSC00734 (Medium).JPG
    DSC00734 (Medium).JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 3,359
  • DSC00735 (Medium).JPG
    DSC00735 (Medium).JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 3,353
  • DSC00736 (Medium).JPG
    DSC00736 (Medium).JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 3,348

AKiwi

Aug 4, 2005
Hastings, NZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 500
Ya waited so long....and then it came... :icon_thumleft:
By the way, what do you do with the squirrels?

montepollock

Jan 25, 2006
ft scott Ks
Detector(s) used
,Eagle Spectrum, Fisher1236x2,CZ5,tesoro golden
Iv,e never used one but would if I had one.
Thats a great find,obviously couldn,e have been there long.
HH,Mont

EMC45

Tenderfoot
Aug 23, 2011
Reminds me of USN bootcamp. I have a nice Marsh ink brush for use with those stencils. I have it filled with gun oil. Puts a nice coat of oil on guns.

OP
OP
kenley

kenley

Nov 2, 2008
Seminole County, Ok.
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was just using the stencil machine last night (labeling storage bins) in answer to the Insulator King: It weighs about "a double hernia " for a 72 yr. old fat man.
Brendan and Akiwi: The young ones get pan fried with biscuits and gravy. I share with my country cousin and they don't last long. The older ones go in the freezer for squirrel stew and dumplings.
I really enjoy just getting out in the creek bottoms and exploring the old homesteads.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice little freebie there :icon_thumleft:

I just hope they won't be seeing treasure.net stenciled graffiti in your little town, they may trace it back to you :laughing7:

airborne1092

Sep 7, 2008
Inland NW
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BTW Kenley,

I noticed you have/had three children in the service. Thank you for your sacrifice as a parent. You must be proud!

Bice find, BTW! ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread