Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
have not been on in quite some time so i figured i would check in and see how much has changed since my absence long time member have been really busy taking care of my wife after she was hit by a hit and run driver in 2019 the hit an run accelerated a disease she was suffering from which is severe dementia so i haven't had much time to post on any forum it literally accelerated her dementia 10 fold well just wanted to say hello to everyone noticed there is a lot of oldies still around and a lot of new folks

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
have not been on in quite some time so i figured i would check in and see how much has changed since my absence long time member have been really busy taking care of my wife after she was hit by a hit and run driver in 2019 the hit an run accelerated a disease she was suffering from which is severe dementia so i haven't had much time to post on any forum it literally accelerated her dementia 10 fold well just wanted to say hello to everyone noticed there is a lot of oldies still around and a lot of new folks
Glad to have you back, sorry for the wife's health problems.

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
thanks
has not been a vary good two years for us and not expecting it to get much better hopefully 2022 will be better i have not been able to metal detect since April 1 2019 the day my wife was ran down by a low life but at least she is still with me physically, mentally its off and on and not expected to get any better it is what it is
I figure I can live my metal detecting dreams through everyone else's post its all i can do rite now would love to be able to get out myself but its just not possible, been giving some serious thoughts of selling off my equipment but not sure i want to do that either, I had just purchased a new to me PI machine a whites TDI SL Pulse scan, when my wife got hit and have never been able to go out and use it, it kinda took the wind out of my sails dont want to sell any of them but not knowing when or if i will ever be able to go out again, it kills me to see them just sit there leaning against the wall with the batteries removed of course LOL

Well I guess that's enough BOO Hooing for myself again thanks for welcoming me back

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks
has not been a vary good two years for us and not expecting it to get much better hopefully 2022 will be better i have not been able to metal detect since April 1 2019 the day my wife was ran down by a low life but at least she is still with me physically, mentally its off and on and not expected to get any better it is what it is
I figure I can live my metal detecting dreams through everyone else's post its all i can do rite now would love to be able to get out myself but its just not possible, been giving some serious thoughts of selling off my equipment but not sure i want to do that either, I had just purchased a new to me PI machine a whites TDI SL Pulse scan, when my wife got hit and have never been able to go out and use it, it kinda took the wind out of my sails dont want to sell any of them but not knowing when or if i will ever be able to go out again, it kills me to see them just sit there leaning against the wall with the batteries removed of course LOL

Well I guess that's enough BOO Hooing for myself again thanks for welcoming me back
Keep em! A man never knows which way life,s gonna turn.That way you,ve got a hope down the road should things turn that way.I send my best wishes for you and your wife,sincerely.

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Probably should, I do pick one of them up every once in a while and run around the house and pretend LOL i even turn them on occasionally and run them across my wood floors just to hear the sounds but they tend to go nuts LOL i dont care at least i can pretend, they haven't taken my dreams of that two pound nugget yet LOL

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Prayers sent for your wife and you. Did they ever catch the hit and run driver?
as far as we know they have not caught the low life, I doubt after two years they ever will

thank you for your prayers

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome back and its good to see you haven't lost the passion.
Sorry to hear about the not so good news regarding the Mrs and the problems it created.
Don't be a stranger there's always something to view/read on the forums for one to take a break from life's curve balls.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread