Last edited by a moderator:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want them to be in very good working condition.
Email me @

[email protected]

think you
P.S. looking for a partner(No money involved)
I am in southwest Michigan
I’d try to talk you out of the TM808 especially if you have mineralized ground. It’s basically a clc with a large coil. It was designed as an industrial detector for finding septic tanks, etc. Worst part is you think it is working but when I dug a three foot deep hole and put a post hole digger with a large head and it would not detect it, no matter where I set the controls. I had just sent it in to the factory for tuning and they said it was as good as new. I didn’t even put any dirt back in the hole. Not very happy. Pulse, pulse, pulse. An 18 inch coil can detect 100 copper pennys at a measured three feet deep with power and phone lines nearby.

• Agree
Reactions: ARC

UncleTom

Jun 3, 2006
SEABROOK TEXAS
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I and II, CTX-3030, Equinox 600, X-terra 70,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want them to be in very good working condition.
Email me @

[email protected]

think you
P.S. looking for a partner(No money involved)
I am in southwest Michigan
I have a Minelab Equinox 600 I'm about to list, $500. + $15. shipping to the lower 48. Thanks

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Advice... scratch the 808 idea.. and go with a good pulse detector ... will cost more but you wont want to rip your hair out... if you have no hair... then you will want to scratch your own eyes out.

So in the end... you may spend more on a detector... but you will save on hair or eyes / visine.

I bought a 808 eons ago... and sold it not long after.
Fubar.

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone have any thoughts on the Fisher Gemini 3, or is it as bad as the Tm 808???
Ed T

Last edited:
OP
OP
sadsack

sadsack

Dec 1, 2008
Benton Harbor,MI
I have own a Whites TM 808 Metal Detector three times in the last 50 some years and I have Fisher Gemini 3 now. The Fisher Gemini 3 is a good detector, I just don't like it. I found a new TM 808 for sale, but it is over seas. I not going take a chance of buying it. Many Years ago I found a money box 4 feet down in the Arizona desert. Yes it is bad in mineralized ground, but you can work around it. I find Fisher Gemini 3 Just as bad. Puting it together and tuning it up is a pain. the 808 you just turn it on and tune it a bit and you are ready to go.

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have always been a whites fan myself…I thought a tm 808 would be good for me in several areas I have been playing with over the years…I don’t think I will ever be able to pick up an 808 now with them no longer being made…

Oh well…One day I just may break down and get me a Gemini 3 instead…We will just have to wait and see…

Ed T

OP
OP
sadsack

sadsack

Dec 1, 2008
Benton Harbor,MI

Uncle Tom do you have the batt, charger that come with it?​

I see you are from Texas. I will spend more money driving down to pick it up than I pay for the detector. Thank you

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post deleted, since member looking for detector is not a charter member only charter members can reply with offers to sell, all others will be deleted.

Per our rules there must always be a charter member in every sale or trade.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not trying to sell anything
I know, you are trying to buy, when non charter member is looking to buy, then per our rules only charter member can reply with offer to sell, if a charter member is looking to buy then anyone can reply with offer, there must always be a CM in every sale and trade.

OP
OP
sadsack

sadsack

Dec 1, 2008
Benton Harbor,MI
I been here for 15 years. yes, I am not on here much, I make my living treasure hunting. That is all I have done from 1963. I don't need help for the most part. If I can't try to buy something for the good people that come here, that just cancel me out of this place. I won't be back.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I been here for 15 years. yes, I am not on here much, I make my living treasure hunting. That is all I have done from 1963. I don't need help for the most part. If I can't try to buy something for the good people that come here, that just cancel me out of this place. I won't be back.
You can buy, never said you couldn't, my comment was directed at those trying to sell who are not CM.

I think maybe you didn't understand, since you are not a CM, then it means that it has to be a CM that makes an offer to sell a detector as per our rules for over 10 years, there must always be a CM in every sell or trade.

UncleTom

Jun 3, 2006
SEABROOK TEXAS
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I and II, CTX-3030, Equinox 600, X-terra 70,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr. Administrator I guess you're talking to the fella looking as I am a CM. Thanks

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr. Administrator I guess you're talking to the fella looking as I am a CM. Thanks
You are fine UT, my original post about selling was for non charter member that was trying to sell detector, his post was deleted, SadSack's post looking to buy was fine as are you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread