Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This machine is definatley deep I hit some spots that I previously hunted to death and managed some deep coins. I was impressed I really like how I can go over a pop top and hit reject and boom its gone Im tweaking my coin program I havent found a silver yet accept the ring. But I will I dont care for the minelab head phones I prefer the grey ghost Amphibians crystal clear and picks up faint signals I dont mind the cord.Im in coin mode Im not worried about gold at this point Im just focusing on a solid coin program .The places I hunt if I dug every signal Id have two 5 gallon buckets of trash before I even moved 10 ft.lol Thanks for looking. I got this box at Michaels and cut a piece of a 2x4 to stick in the middle for my wheats to be put in tubes. I will post my Morgan silver dollar cache soon I gotta find it first Happy Hunting Tommy IMG_0592.JPG IMG_0593.JPG IMG_0594.JPG IMG_0595.JPG IMG_0596.JPG

Upvote 52

CarsonChris

Feb 11, 2019
Carson City NV
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must say , the reports I see here about the Equinox 800 are impressive ! I don't see the harm in making an $800 dollar investment to compare it to my first generation MXT (about 10 years old) What say you?

I have an ATP. I found the depth to be similar until you lower the swing speed on the Nox to 4 or lower. Then the Nox noticeably out performs depth wise.

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must say , the reports I see here about the Equinox 800 are impressive ! I don't see the harm in making an $800 dollar investment to compare it to my first generation MXT (about 10 years old) What say you?
You will be impressed you can set tones for VDI range and it has preset modes you can also save a profiles with your custom settings Its a good investment I will admit

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
You're getting it down fast Tommy. Soon you will swing the Nox over that jar of gold coins! Good luck Bud!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Tommy. I know you will like that detector. I sure like mine. Your Morgan(s) will show up when you least expect it. I have found 3 of them, all in fields and they all sounded like a loud can hit. Dig it all !

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going with your new Nox. Sounds like you have a good thing going on your set up. The BIG Silver spill is in your near future. GL Tommy.

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Tommy! Nice choice and great finds! I can definitely see Lady Liberty walking your way.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! i too noticed the nox sucked up pennies that i missed with everything else. I can't wait till i can afford a smaller coil, so i can just abuse my old cellars.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can’t wait to see the stash of Morgan’s (or maybe melted gold coins) :p

Don’t cancel out pull tabs!! That’s exactly what my nice gold rings and war nickels have sounded like!

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
Congrats on your new machine Tommy. I hate to tell ya, some of those signals you passed over were true treasure, dig em all. Keep pluggin away, you're bound to have a wooden box full of eagles and double eagles like your wheat box soon. Good luck.

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds A2. Find an old farm and you will find that jar. Plenty of them in your area. I use google earth and historic aerials as a starting point on the research. Then old plat maps from the library. Great way for me to get through our winters.

Racso

Apr 26, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the finds my friend, you are getting it done :headbang: Try not to reject anything, if there’s something you don’t want to dig just skip it. Also for the bottle caps just rotate 90 degrees and swing over it again. If the numbers change a lot it’s probably a bottle cap. I rarely dig bottle caps in the dry sand using this technique. I see a load of bucket listers heading your way. Good luck

EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/DD coil.
also, still have a Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds! What were you using before, the AT Max? Always fun to find the deeper objects, frustrating to think you went over them before, LOL.. On a slow day, I always think the good stuff has just sunk beyond the reach of my detector. hehe.
Like the little ring too. Well done. HH

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice job Tommy, congrats! :occasion14:

WG2020

Oct 9, 2018
SW Ohio
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice hunt Tommy, always love the IHPs. If you don’t mind, can you tell us what program (pasture or park) were you using and what settings. Good luck with your hunts. Walt

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread