Upvote 4

xracer550

Oct 31, 2012
Palmdale , CA
Detector(s) used
Goldbug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am sure the new owner will do a Great job , The Harn's will be helping them until they get settled in , Maybe they will bring back the photo contest , My brother won the First place trophy = " A 1 oz gold eagle"
This is me on the cover January 2008

icmj cover contest winner.jpg

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
oh man it is....ick.
So, a claim flipper who has actually caused members of this forum to have to refile their claims. After selling screwed up claims..
is the new owner of ICMJ.

awesome:BangHead:
Among other things…. I don’t think I’m going to renew my subscription.

OP
OP
et1955

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
oh man it is....ick.
So, a claim flipper who has actually caused members of this forum to have to refile their claims. After selling screwed up claims..
is the new owner of ICMJ.
Please give proof , what members had to refile and why. Back up your allegations for you could be sued.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Josh had a rough start but he's come a long way and grown into a better man these days. When Scott announced his retirement, Josh stepped up once again to help support our mining community, so let's do our best to support him in his new endeavor.
Putting together the ICMJ Magazine every month is still going to be just as tough of a job for him as it was for Scott and his whole family.
It's not an easy task and now, more then ever, he needs as much support as he can get.
Reed

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Asmbandits is one, I helped him sort out the issue. he had to refile because the original location notice was trash. He doesn't really post here anymore but he had a thread about it. Clay Diggins knows what I'm talking about. Several of my mining friends, Dude is well known in my area.

I havent said anything that isnt true he isnt gonna sue me.

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Josh had a rough start but he's come a long way and grown into a better man these days. When Scott announced his retirement, Josh stepped up once again to help support our mining community, so let's do our best to support him in his new endeavor.
Putting together the ICMJ Magazine every month is still going to be just as tough of a job for him as it was for Scott and his whole family.
It's not an easy task and now, more then ever, he needs as much support as he can get.
Reed
Thats exactly my concern as well as others. If he has "chops" they are pork chops and they came from safeway.

Maybe he's stopped flipping...maybe he isn't paper filing anymore...maybe he isn't in a constant back and forth with the other local claim flippers.

Maybe the ICMJ will improve we shall see.

The first line of your comment is most important.

However there are many of us that believe he grabbed an opportunity. Way more than he "stepped up"...refer to your first sentence for context.

Last edited:

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats exactly my concern as well as others. If he has "chops" they are pork chops and they came from safeway.

Maybe hes stopped flipping...maybe he isn't paper filing anymore...maybe he isn't in a constant back and forthwith the other local claim flippers.

Maybe the ICMJ will improve we shall see.

The first line of your comment is most important.

however there are many of us that believe he grabbed an oppurtunity way more than he "stepped up"...refer to your first sentence for context.
You and I are definitely on the same page with our thoughts on Josh :laughing7:
I really hope that the ICMJ lives through this...

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish the best for Scott and Sally. They have been a great asset and support for small miners. Good people. They will be missed.

Josh located 16 claims in the last year. :BangHead:
But, Barry I'm sure he set foot on every one and made a valid discovery!! :laughing9:::)::)::)::):protest:

Last edited:

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish the best for Scott and Sally. They have been a great asset and support for small miners. Good people. They will be missed.

Josh located 16 claims in the last year. :BangHead:

But, Barry I'm sure he set foot on ever one and made a valid discovery!! :laughing9:::)::)::)::):protest:

Ok... he hasn't changed... but I hope he does soon... I've worked with his claims before as well and steered people that were looking at them in the right direction.
giphy.gif

OP
OP
et1955

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There are 2 sides of the story but number one, buyer beware. Any person buying a claim must do their due diligence, if you don't you deserve what happens. When it comes to gold, trust is not applicable but proper research is. Taking advantage of us gold miners is always out there for us. Just go to a gold show and you will see what I mean. They are playing to the dreamers, so sad. I feel for it many times in my past, the worst I bought was the roto pan, Lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread