Prospecting
Upvote 4
Aug 18, 2015
Auburn CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sad for what I just Learned, Scott Harn owner of ICMJ has retired and sold the Magazine to a new owner. While I know the new owners will do a great job running the Mag but I will miss Scott, he was always there a the WPMA gold show in Monroe Washington. Great Guy and have known him for almost 30 years.
The New ICMJ is trashy. It looks like itā€™s becoming a storybook with less and less useful content (at least for me). Also most of the tried and true features that I looked forward to are gone ( no more Bawll Mill, Questions, Melman on Metal, etc), and have been replaced with old news reprints and other filler storiesā€¦ā€¦..so very sad to see such an immediate declineā€¦ā€¦..Iā€™ll be ending my subscription unless it turns around soon.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The New ICMJ is trashy. It looks like itā€™s becoming a storybook with less and less useful content (at least for me). Also most of the tried and true features that I looked forward to are gone ( no more Bawll Mill, Questions, Melman on Metal, etc), and have been replaced with old news reprints and other filler storiesā€¦ā€¦..so very sad to see such an immediate declineā€¦ā€¦..Iā€™ll be ending my subscription unless it turns around soon.
If one wants to read storys there is plenty elsewear to read.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Rail Dawg

Oct 11, 2015
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
MineLab GPZ 7000
Garrett ATX Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
16 new claims is an excessive amount.

Out here in Rye Patch maybe 5 claims out of the 5 desirable PLSS sections become available each year for various reasons. Claim owners in Rye Patch tend to hold them over time but every year some claims open up.

Itā€˜s not easy to do the discovery on 5 claims let alone 16. I live here so itā€™s easier. Although I perhaps go against the grain thereā€™s nothing wrong with occasionally selling a claim. There are many prospectors up here that got started by buying a claim. And there has never been one complaint.

We let folks prospect on our claims for free. Not a big deal thereā€™s plenty. Some prospectors want to own their own claim and will gladly pay to own one. Heck this goes back to 1849. The adventure of the gold hunt.

16 new claims again is excessive. However this is a great magazine and has my support. It does help bond miners together and thatā€™s a good thing right?

Chuck

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm... I ended up blocking Josh...
Threats get you nowhere...
He's calling me out, he says...

The ICMJ was originally started and brought to life in the basement of our old Lukens Hardware Store in Auburn, Calif. The centerfold add was always one of ours back in the beginning. My dad was around 8 years old and he was the kid who stapled all of the magazines together and then boxed them up to be shipped out... back in its beginning...
I don't really know what he would be calling me out for... but threats get you blocked either way...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230123_055452_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20230123_055452_Messenger.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 39
  • FB_IMG_1625031904915.jpg
    FB_IMG_1625031904915.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 41
  • Lukens Ad jpg.jpg
    Lukens Ad jpg.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 20200518_142851.jpg
    20200518_142851.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 40

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm... I ended up blocking Josh...
Threats get you nowhere...
He's calling me out, he says...

The ICMJ was originally started and brought to life in the basement of our old Lukens Hardware Store in Auburn, Calif. The centerfold add was always one of ours back in the beginning. My dad was around 8 years old and he was the kid who stapled all of the magazines together and then boxed them up to be shipped out... back in its beginning...
I don't really know what he would be calling me out for... but threats get you blocked either way...
bwahahaha what group is that convo from Reed?
" I rarely sell claims..." lmfao anyone who knows the dude knows hes the one thats full of crap.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@Goldwasher

He sent that to me thru messenger...
Then I thought about it for a day and decided that it was simply best to completely block him.
ahhh. I see. I heard hes threatening to sue a guy I know and AMRA for "slander".

I guess he doesnt know what slander means.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It must be one of the bots that I have blocked on this page, I see only your post and mine... lol :laughing7:
I've had the bots blocked on here for a long time, everyone knows who they are on here...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230123_152543_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230123_152543_Chrome.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 40

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
By bots are you referring to this AI business? I always assumed it was a person with multiple profiles having a conversation with themselves.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By bots are you referring to this AI business? I always assumed it was a person with multiple profiles having a conversation with themselves.
yep they are pretty sophisticated. and it really detracts from the forums value.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I don't know what bots are BUT I do know that this TNet is a VERY GOOD Site for up to date news in a field that I VERY MUCH LIKE and pursued for many years until I got old and just couldn't do it anymore !When I/ you get to that point ,it is real hard to give it up and watch other's out doing what I used to do ,and that is the hard part for me ! I meet lots of great people and had a great time dredging / prospecting with these people ! many of them have passed (R.I.P.) BUT a lot of them are the leaders in this field now and are the ones "us viewers " are the ones asking them question's ! I SALUTE them and this TREASURENET site !!!!

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't know what bots are BUT I do know that this TNet is a VERY GOOD Site for up to date news in a field that I VERY MUCH LIKE and pursued for many years until I got old and just couldn't do it anymore !When I/ you get to that point ,it is real hard to give it up and watch other's out doing what I used to do ,and that is the hard part for me ! I meet lots of great people and had a great time dredging / prospecting with these people ! many of them have passed (R.I.P.) BUT a lot of them are the leaders in this field now and are the ones "us viewers " are the ones asking them question's ! I SALUTE them and this TREASURENET site !!!!
Most who come to this forum to read / research will have no issues reading past any talk about "Bots and AI".

The real values of this forum is reading / researching information that is hard to find anywhere else like Youtube and other video's.

Thanks for your input russau and sticking to the real values.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But when you block them, you get no notifications and don't see anything that they've wasted other peoples time with.
yea, and the nonsense they spread is still seen by those who dont block them.

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea, and the nonsense they spread is still seen by those who dont block them.
What is the best way to spot them??? I usually ignore the ones that post multiple posts within minutes apartā€¦

Ed T

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the best way to spot them??? I usually ignore the ones that post multiple posts within minutes apartā€¦

Ed T
Well, they say random things, contribute no real substance to the convo. Will make multiple comments in a row. Have threads that they are the main poster to with no real reason and will have never met or converesed with any of the other members here in private.

There is one in this thread and you have spenyt some time talking to it in another thread.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread