I Call My Rig the Nox 800+

Eastender

Mar 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I finished the first mods on my Nox 800 and am very happy with the results. Foremost, I really like the new carbon fiber shaft from Steve's Detector Rods. Great experience buying from him. Fast communication and wonderful products with fast secure shipping. I bought his slightly lower cost model called the CarbonPro line. Same materials and technology just factory produced as opposed to individually handcrafted. I wanted a visible color because the hikers I cross paths in the woods think I am carrying a gun and they are afraid to approach an active hunting zone. The red snake skin cable cover goes nice. Super light rod, strong, nice one piece clamping system, and an attractive fiber pattern.

I bought the Tele-Knox folding CPU base from Outlaw Metal Detectors in OK. Nice for backpacking and breaking down to prevent hard knocks. I also bought the CPU and handle covers.

I replaced my internal stock battery and added the PWR-NOX reserve power storage under the armrest. No need to fret about battery power anymore. Also got the coil ears strengthener. Already went through a case of broken 11" ears and the downtime. Someday I might buy the fancy aluminum arm cup with better stability for ground placement.

My Nox is not going down easy. Tomorrow I am finally plunking down the deposit on the Manticore. Who knows when that unit will ship? So the Nox+ is hitting the field this weekend and all through the Fall. Will be good to have a solid backup and possibly teach someone to go out detecting with me.

I have been posting in the Deus II vs. Manticore advertising fray but mostly in jest. Sorry if some find it obnoxious. I get really goofy when I see vids and hear people playing songs over targets for recovery time demonstrations! I have never used a Deus before but certainly would be happy and successful with one of their products no doubt. I have read the online manuals, read about TNet user experiences and finds, and watched vids. There is really only one reason why I am sticking with Minelab: familiarity with their systems and technology. If I had to I would be happy using my old White's Spectra 3Vi despite its clunky ergonomics and lack of weatherproofing. I feel bad that White's is no longer in business.

I will be able to post impressions of the Manticore vis a vis the Nox 800 as I plan to go over my extensive hunting grounds again.

Attachments

• noxplus1.jpg
    noxplus1.jpg
    583.3 KB · Views: 44
  • noxplus2.jpg
    noxplus2.jpg
    808.6 KB · Views: 41
  • noxplus3.jpg
    noxplus3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 36
  • noxplus4.jpg
    noxplus4.jpg
    986.1 KB · Views: 39
  • noxplus5.jpg
    noxplus5.jpg
    836.1 KB · Views: 37
  • noxplus6.jpg
    noxplus6.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 39

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Eastender -- terrific-looking rig, and THANKS for the kind words! Much appreciated!

Steve

OP
OP
Eastender

Eastender

Mar 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just ordered an additional lower rod from Steve's for my Minelab 15" coil. Will now take the 15" in my backpack for a quick swap with the 11" I typically use.

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, Eastender! It will be headed your way in the morning!

Thank you!

Steve

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How much are the lower rods for the Nox ?

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eastender thank you very much :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions