diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't have pic. capabilities,however I found a tag (I think),it is 1 and 1/8 inches in diameter,round,with a small hole at the top.It is flat,and appears to be brass over copper,found at 6 inches deep in middle Kentucky on a farm.It has the name(?)ABOLIFIA under the small hole at the top.The letters as well as the hole are 1/8 in..Under the(name)ABOLIFIA is the number 447 and it is written about 3 times larger(approx.5/16 in.) than the (name)ABOLIFIA above it.It is very thin,maybe 1/32 of an inch thick.I don't know a dog tag or something,luggage tag,any info would be greatly appreciated.DIGGUMMUP................

southern gent

Aug 1, 2004
Pickens Co. S.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Sovriegn. Whites. Garret
Primary Interest:
Other
Check the state library and/or museum, It sounds like a later slave tag. Also could be a product fob or tag from the late 20's to late 50's. Did you google the name "ABOLIFIA"? Good luck. Chris.

Upvote 0

Cajunme

Aug 25, 2004
Central, La
Detector(s) used
Fisher, tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
borrow a digital camera and get a photo on here. there is a lot of knowledge on the net.

Upvote 0

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
May be a coal tag? Lot's of coal mines in Ky,Found one myself one time with part of the name punched out by the hole.Ran a search on coal mine names in TN AND KY and found a match.Turned out to be a coal car tag.JUST A ?????
Good luck on your search. HH

Upvote 0
OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BOUGHT A CHEAP QUICK CAM, HERE'S A PICTURE OF IT.AFTER A LITTLE RESEARCH,I BELIEVE IT'S A HOTEL ROOM TAG.HAVEN'T FOUND A HOTEL WITH THIS NAME YET,I'M SURE IT'S RELATIVELY WORTHLESS,MONETARY WISE.NONETHELESS,INTERESTING AND CLEANED UP QUITE WELL ALSO. DIGGUMMUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hey Diggum.....

I just answered a post from HMet with a very similar tag. The picture is very much like yours. The one I found today has numbers on it (122), but no letters. I'll do some searching. I think the hotel key thing sounds pretty close. It looks like it could possibly have been used to identify a hotel room number.

Good luck and please post your findings. Thanks and Happy hunting!

Moon

Upvote 0

mavrick03

Sep 29, 2004
Stafford Va
after doing allot of thinking and looking at your tag and going back and reading your first post several times
could this possibly be a livestock tag maybe from a cow or pig and if maybe you do a little historical research maybe this was the farms name back in the day of course i am just taking a stab at it but seeing as how it was found on a farm i went with this idea

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread