I?d like to show off my 8 pound cannon ball that was only used with the French In New

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There?s a Fort that did not have any battles and the Fort Was occupied by the French in the early 1800s. So I will sit in one day and I thought if I was at this Fort bored as hell with this humanity I would do like any kid would do and shoot off a cannonball I knew where the cannons we?re facing therefore I made my way on the other side of the bayou about 50 yards and I got a deep iron signal and I went for it and lookee lookee here. Among it is some beautiful grape shot found as well. Read this short paragraph. https://deadliestwarrior.fandom.com/wiki/8-Pound_Cannon IMG_0084.jpg
IMG_1662.jpg
IMG_1664.jpg View recent photos 2.png IMG_1626.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 2

erfranks

Mar 3, 2021
Cape Coral, Fl
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC-2B
Minelab Equinox 800
White TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome Find!!... i found a 12 pounder complete... awesome day cannon ball 1.jpg

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahh, there it is.

erfranks

Mar 3, 2021
Cape Coral, Fl
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC-2B
Minelab Equinox 800
White TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There?s a Fort that did not have any battles and the Fort Was occupied by the French in the early 1800s. So I will sit in one day and I thought if I was at this Fort bored as hell with this humanity I would do like any kid would do and shoot off a cannonball I knew where the cannons we?re facing therefore I made my way on the other side of the bayou about 50 yards and I got a deep iron signal and I went for it and lookee lookee here. Among it is some beautiful grape shot found as well. Read this short paragraph. https://deadliestwarrior.fandom.com/wiki/8-Pound_Cannon View attachment 1939847
View attachment 1939848
View attachment 1939849 View attachment 1939955 View attachment 1939989

Very Nice collection and love the cannonball stand

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hell yeah great thinking! they set off cannons to train and such as well