cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a bad day. Tons of targets, most of which I tried my best to ignore! The park has some history over the last hundred years or so, but, has been hunted hard in the past. I haven't hit it for at least 3 years, so, I was overdue. $10.04 in change (normally a good amount, but, it's not even 2 gallons of gasoline these days!), some e-cig/vape stuff, a bullet, a couple of batteries that I like to get out of the environment, 2 junk rings, a wheat cent, a silver Washington quarter, and a 10K gold pendant. Some other whatsits in the photo......what is that round dial off of? It has letters A through H and divisions in between, a shaft going through the middle and a small gear on the shaft on the back side. I'm not sure what the copper item above it is either. It's threaded on the inside of the bottom end, knurled on the bottom third of the outside, open on the top, and has a thin crosshair insert inside. Nozzle of some sort?

Attachments

• mar102022hunt.jpg
    mar102022hunt.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 159
  • mar102022hunt2.jpg
    mar102022hunt2.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 132
Upvote 17
OP
OP
cudamark

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4 on the Equinox

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Our town had a post office that had letter combination locks on the PO boxes that were kind of similar to your mystery lettered thingy. Not sure. Nice finds though!!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think your round dial is out of a sprinkler box the letters would have been different stations in the lawn and your nozzle thing might be a blow torch tip or some kind of welding tip. I like the pendant I find a lot of religious pendants. Never have found a pendant like yours a personalized letter, that is cool.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a bad day. Tons of targets, most of which I tried my best to ignore! The park has some history over the last hundred years or so, but, has been hunted hard in the past. I haven't hit it for at least 3 years, so, I was overdue. $10.04 in change (normally a good amount, but, it's not even 2 gallons of gasoline these days!), some e-cig/vape stuff, a bullet, a couple of batteries that I like to get out of the environment, 2 junk rings, a wheat cent, a silver Washington quarter, and a 10K gold pendant. Some other whatsits in the photo......what is that round dial off of? It has letters A through H and divisions in between, a shaft going through the middle and a small gear on the shaft on the back side. I'm not sure what the copper item above it is either. It's threaded on the inside of the bottom end, knurled on the bottom third of the outside, open on the top, and has a thin crosshair insert inside. Nozzle of some sort?
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Swamp Fox

Sep 22, 2019
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT Minelab Equinox 600 Garrett A T Pro Garrett A T Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its amazing the finds one makes in parks

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Picking the gold deserves an atta boy, for sure. Plus, a silver quarter=great outing.
Nice go to spot when nothing else turns.

Thanks for sharing and grats on the keepers.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picking the gold deserves an atta boy, for sure. Plus, a silver quarter=great outing.
Nice go to spot when nothing else turns.

Thanks for sharing and grats on the keepers.
Don't just pitch the Chucky Cheese token! Some of them have some value to em! Amazing how many variations popped up over the years.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice haul!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
looks like a fun hunt all around, thanks for posting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread