Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After having a 1 1/2 double coil spring trap shut on my thumb while making a set,this would be a piece of cake!
I did it with a mb750, setting for beaver, attached to a drowner cable, both thumbs. I was able to drag a small rock into the water to set the trap on, use one knee and my other foot to compress the springs enough to get my thumbs out. Trap long enough and everyone gets caught sooner or later.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did it with a mb750, setting for beaver, attached to a drowner cable, both thumbs. I was able to drag a small rock into the water to set the trap on, use one knee and my other foot to compress the springs enough to get my thumbs out. Trap long enough and everyone gets caught sooner or later.
Just so happens I know what that is,the mb750.Just about the baddest beaver trap made since toothed jaws were outlawed. I feel your pain!

mikefromIllinois

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2008
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-3D
When I was in high school in the early 70's my best friend, his brother, and another good friend of ours would wait until dark take off our shoes and socks, set the mousetrap turn out the lights and walk around the room until someone stepped on it. The guy who stepped on it would set it and set out until the end of the game, Each guy done this until everyone stepped on it and no one was left and then start over. No drinking or smoking left handed cigarettes. Just something country boys done for fun.

uhfradarwill

Mar 20, 2022
Barre, MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab:
Sovereign GT
Equinox

Tesoro:
Comparde
When I was in high school in the early 70's my best friend, his brother, and another good friend of ours would wait until dark take off our shoes and socks, set the mousetrap turn out the lights and walk around the room until someone stepped on it. The guy who stepped on it would set it and set out until the end of the game, Each guy done this until everyone stepped on it and no one was left and then start over. No drinking or smoking left handed cigarettes. Just something country boys done for fun.
I can plow a field all day long. Step on rat traps all day long!!! Cause a country boy can survive.......

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has a 220 conibear snap on my hand. Lucky only one safety link had slipped off. I was able to depress the open spring with my free hand and get free. Still smarted though.
You're lucky it wasn't a Belisle, you may still be there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread