I feel like this is a dumb question...BUT (XP Deus and Deus II)

Just_curious

Aug 27, 2017
Georgia/Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab GM1000
White's GMZ
White's Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably a long shot, but can the XP Deus II link to and work with the previous Deus Stardard and HF coils?

I'm assuming it's a yes but unable to go into MF mode? But everything looks the same, and since those original coils are adjustable frequencies and even frequency offsets, then that tells me that they should be able to "tune-in" to any frequency withing their specific range and that it's actually the controller that controls the ability to rapidly scan multiple frequencies. Both the X35 coils and HF coils have a very large range of frequencies so the MF mode would skip past the non-usable ones and only scan the functional ones. Not to mention, in the V5 update, it states that-"will work even if you don't have an X35 Coil." So considering the fact that the original LF coil can be able to use the same updates from V5 as the X35 coil, which had added frequencies, offsets, and TX gains, tells me that all the magic comes from the remote and not some special new designed coil.

I know it's a long shot, but I don't see it out of the realm of possibility. If possible, then I'm just going to piece a DEUS II together, starting with the remote first! Lol.

Go ahead, crush my "good idea fairy."

Upvote 1

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's a whole new new ball game.
The coils and pinpointer of the Deus 1 won't work with the Deus ll.

OP
OP
J

Just_curious

Aug 27, 2017
Georgia/Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab GM1000
White's GMZ
White's Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably a long shot, but can the XP Deus II link to and work with the previous Deus Stardard and HF coils?

I'm assuming it's a yes but unable to go into MF mode? But everything looks the same, and since those original coils are adjustable frequencies and even frequency offsets, then that tells me that they should be able to "tune-in" to any frequency withing their specific range and that it's actually the controller that controls the ability to rapidly scan multiple frequencies. Both the X35 coils and HF coils have a very large range of frequencies so the MF mode would skip past the non-usable ones and only scan the functional ones. Not to mention, in the V5 update, it states that-"will work even if you don't have an X35 Coil." So considering the fact that the original LF coil can be able to use the same updates from V5 as the X35 coil, which had added frequencies, offsets, and TX gains, tells me that all the magic comes from the remote and not some special new designed coil.

I know it's a long shot, but I don't see it out of the realm of possibility. If possible, then I'm just going to piece a DEUS II together, starting with the remote first! Lol.

Go ahead, crush my "good idea fairy."

Damn, not even the pinpointer!? What a scam

Emil W

Nov 4, 2021
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
White's Coinmaster 6000D (have had for decades)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Damn, not even the pinpointer!? What a scam

Unfortunate, yes. But not a scam at all.

These detectors each use different technology, the Deus 2 being more advanced, making them incompatible. Remember, with the Deus, both new and old, the coil IS the detector. Just because they look basically the same does not make them the same.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The MI6 with the Deus 1 will work with the Deus 2

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The MI6 with the Deus 1 will work with the Deus 2
That was confirmed back on the March 6th that it does connect, and on March 13th I confirmed, and thanked them for the correction.
But it's always good to have more confirmations. :)

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry was just skimming through and seen your one post. Please forgive me

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sorry was just skimming through and seen your one post. Please forgive me
No problem Gare, hope you're back up and functioning well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread