I finally did it. In 1999 I posted this on Treasurenet first...

Docsdetecting

Sep 15, 2011
I finally did it. 23 years ago I wrote a little Christmas story called "All That Glitters." A Prospector's Christmas Story. During those 23 years I have had scores of people ask me to publish the story into a book so they could pull it out each year and read it. This past Christmas Season I had a company called Gold Rush Expeditions ask for a one time licensing fee to publish the story in their annual end of the year magazine. So, that encouraged me to finally published it into a book.

In 2003 someone posted it again here to resurrect it.

The intro to the book reads:

---------------
"Sam Lewis had lost his faith in God, his faith in the criminal justice system and society in general. Now, his wife, Mary, had passed away. Sam felt that without Mary his life was meaningless. Dropping out of society, Sam decided to head for the seclusion of the hills and spend what time he had left working his gold mining claim.
Miles away from modern day civilization he found the gold he was looking for. Sam also found something he hadn't counted on; something much more valuable.
This wonderful tale is sure to delight adults and children alike. It is a story that will bring a smile to your heart and a tear of joy to your eye."
-------------
This is a lite read. Only 63 pages long. 10 Chapters. If you like the ol' Hallmark movies, then you will like this tale. I had that in my head when I wrote it. Something like a Hallmark Christmas movie with Wilford Brimley narrating the story. But Wilford died. Guess I shouldn't have waited so long.

Every year around Christmas time I get people calling to buy the book. Well there was no book to buy. But now there is. I don't fashion myself a writer at all, but anyone that knows me will tell you I like telling stories.
Merry Christmas about 7 months early. Or 5 months late.
Doc and First Printing small.jpg

Now you can have a copy for yourself or your favorite prospecting partner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 17

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Docsdetecting I see this is your first post let me welcome you to treasurenet. I believe to sell and or advertise to sell you need to be a charter member . It sounds like your book is a good read.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Docsdetecting I see this is your first post let me welcome you to treasurenet. I believe to sell and or advertise to sell you need to be a charter member . It sounds like your book is a good read.
The title states he posted this originally on TreasureNet in 1999.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I read this story years back and to be truthful , it brought a tear to my eye's ! What a great story !!! I often think /remember this story as I stumble along in life and thankful of the cards I have been deal ! It makes me think of all the people and "their" troubles and less of my own ! This book would be a asset to anyone's book shelf ! And THANK'S DOC for the story & the now book that I just now bought from your link !:hello2::occasion14::coffee2: I can't wait to read the story again !

Last edited:
OP
OP
Docsdetecting

Docsdetecting

Sep 15, 2011
I posted regularly on Treasurenet back before there were other forums. I was very active here. I started posting here in 1992 I believe, and I knew absolutely nothing about prospecting for gold. I learned so much from people who were willing to share their knowledge right here.

I graduated to be a good gold hunter and I have been very successful for 30 years. Now I train other people how to find that precious yellow metal. I will check back in from time to time.. This was actually the very first place I posted "All That Glitters" I started before Christmas and posted a chapter every day right up until Christmas eve.

I guess that little story has withstood the test of time, being people still remember it and still enjoy reading it.

Be Careful Out There,

Doc

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I received the book yesterday and if you haven't read this story OR you would like to read it again (as I do / did )I HIGHLY recommend this book for your soul! I assure you it is one for the books for sure ! THANKS DOC !:coffee2:

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got your autographed copy of the book Doc, and many thanks for putting it together. A very engaging tale of a lovely story about chasing the gold as well as the most important values in life. Truly enjoyed the read, and in addition, I came to realize that you're already a published author! Congratulations on that achievement as well.

All the best Doc, and thanks for spinning a yarn I'll always remember,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread