I Finally got my LG24

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I got out for an hour before sunset and tried it out at a park near my house. I find jewelry and coins there all the time so it's a good place to test coils as long as the wind chill isn't in the teens and the ground isn't frozen. I still found some coins and was able to really enjoy the target separation of this coil and the elliptical design made pin-pointing quick and easy. We're in the coldest part of winter around here so there isn't much else that can be done.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I got out for an hour before sunset and tried it out at a park near my house. I find jewelry and coins there all the time so it's a good place to test coils as long as the wind chill isn't in the teens and the ground isn't frozen. I still found some coins and was able to really enjoy the target separation of this coil and the elliptical design made pin-pointing quick and easy. We're in the coldest part of winter around here so there isn't much else that can be done.
Should have my LG24 by Monday or Tuesday, cant wait to give it a swing

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Pro pack arriving tomorrow ( March 8) LG 24 will follow by Friday. Don’t see me going for the LG30 but can see me getting a concentric whenever they are made available- my choice would be 8”-9”. The 3 certainly is plenty already.
Fun times full speed ahead

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pro pack arriving tomorrow ( March 8) LG 24 will follow by Friday. Don’t see me going for the LG30 but can see me getting a concentric whenever they are made available- my choice would be 8”-9”. The 3 certainly is plenty already.
The Nokta Legend Pro Pack is a great set up! Congrats!

OP
OP
nuggetshooter323

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was thinking the same thing about the LG30, but if you think about it the 11" round is that much wide, whereas the LG30 is 9" wide. So with the LG30, you get 1" more on sweep coverage and 2" less exposure width-wise to trash targets.

Last edited:

Picketwire

Dec 10, 2017
SE Colorado
Detector(s) used
Lazer Trident SI, fisher gold bug, tesoro outlaw, mojave, compadre, stingray, teknetics t2 and omega 8000, fisher f2, garrett ace 250, compass judge 2, whites TRX, fisher F-pulse, Garrett carrot and r
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't forget there is also an LG35 which is longer and wider than the original if you are worried about depth. I will probably purchase the LG30 as it is lighter than the stock 11 inch but will still cover more ground and separate better in some of the wide open places where I live. I already have the 6" and LG24 for places in our parks that have a lot of trash.

OP
OP
nuggetshooter323

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Don't forget there is also an LG35 which is longer and wider than the original if you are worried about depth. I will probably purchase the LG30 as it is lighter than the stock 11 inch but will still cover more ground and separate better in some of the wide open places where I live. I already have the 6" and LG24 for places in our parks that have a lot of trash.
I'm waiting to see if Nokta offers an upgrade kit with the LG30, carbon fiber middle shaft, and the new arm cuff.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are there any dealers with LG24 coils in stock? Seem to be sold out everywhere....?

1Seekingsilver

Mar 1, 2023
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Whites V3i and Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are there any dealers with LG24 coils in stock? Seem to be sold out everywhere....?
You could try High Plains Prospectors from around KansasCity. They offer free shipping for orders over $149 I think. They have a nice website and If you have questions they usually can answer them.

RwP

Feb 12, 2020
Midwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I received one from highplains couple months back, great company.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread