I find a great deal of satisfaction digging here.

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
A followup post to my restoration project.

The initial discovery phase .. some still buried:

discovery phase.jpg

Brought out to the site to match up the various parts and pieces:
Laid out on site to match.jpg

Six of the stones are standing once again after many years of being buried:
tombstones are standing.jpg

Upvote 37

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nicely done. If I think this through right, you FOUND the pieces of the stones and put them back together and restored them. So it is part of todays finds and is a marvelously good deed so I think you deserve an honorable mention.

Way to go, stay safe, good luck and keep swingin.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nicely done. If I think this through right, you FOUND the pieces of the stones and put them back together and restored them. So it is part of todays finds and is a marvelously good deed so I think you deserve an honorable mention.

Agreed... well done.

OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other

Thank you tnt-hunter and thank you for the H.M. nod! :notworthy:

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree , Honorable mention for such an honorable endeavor.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You certainly have put a lot of time and effort into the restoration of these plots.
Just from following one site in my area, the amount of folks involved, and labour, just pales to what you have done on your own. Congratulations

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have thought about this before, there are hundreds of these small grave yards around me. Some are single family plots, some defunct communities that just never made it. Problem is most of them are on state land, and I am positive NYS would charge me with some sort of crime for trying to clean them up. Just a shame that there are so many that have not seen one touch of care in the past 100 years. Some you don't even realize are graves, as you just see the corners of a few rocks poking through the ground at a distance. A few more years and most will be next to impossible to find by just looking with your eyes.

OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
You certainly have put a lot of time and effort into the restoration of these plots.
Just from following one site in my area, the amount of folks involved, and labour, just pales to what you have done on your own. Congratulations
Thank you Pepperj .. it is a labor of love for sure.
I have thought about this before, there are hundreds of these small grave yards around me. Some are single family plots, some defunct communities that just never made it. Problem is most of them are on state land, and I am positive NYS would charge me with some sort of crime for trying to clean them up. Just a shame that there are so many that have not seen one touch of care in the past 100 years. Some you don't even realize are graves, as you just see the corners of a few rocks poking through the ground at a distance. A few more years and most will be next to impossible to find by just looking with your eyes.
It really is a shame, Tpmetal. I wish there was an Adopt-A-Cemetery program similar to the Adopt-A-Highway program. Sometimes you can appeal to the state to restore those on state property. Those that fall in the Forest Service boundaries are pretty much out of the question.

OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Raining and icy out, but I managed to do one more. Still lots of work on this stone to do, but at least the base is back in place and the stone is temporarily sitting on the base. The repairs will have to wait for a dryer and warmer day.
3AE59035-7EF7-4C88-97BA-51372D1FF300_1_201_a.jpeg

OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Just for the record, here is what the section I am currently working on looked like exactly one year ago.
Screen Shot 2022-12-15 at 9.51.31 PM.jpg

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honorable Mention on your hard work

Top Member Reactions