I found a Key Date IH today

MarkinIa

Nov 10, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-505
Hi guys, it's been a few years since I posted on here but I had to share this find.

Today I got permission the MD a big old house that was built in 1870. I had high hopes of finding 1800's coins and I only find one in the 1800's and it's a 1877 Key date IH, yahoooo. I have been looking for that coin for about 7 years now. It's a lil crusty on the back side but that's ok with me.

My other finds from this place is a 1905 IH, 3 Merc's, a ND Buff, 8 wheat's and 2 junk rings.

Thanks for lookin

4-25-13-2.JPG

Attachments

• 4-25-13.JPG
    4-25-13.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 411
Upvote 16

ChrisNJ

Mar 23, 2013
Burlington County
Detector(s) used
CZ6a
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is an amazing find, XF-AU details, not sure of net but I would be screaming had I found that, huge congrats.

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely awesome Mark, should be on the banner for sure!

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found the 1877 Indian over 20 years ago, downtown park in Petersburg, VA. And then watched it melt away, because I didn't clean it properly.
Just a suggestion. That coin is a major coin. If I were you, I would send it in to 1) be professionally cleaned (they will stop any further deterioration), and 2) to have it graded. It will cost
a little, but I think you would be pleased with what they do to it, and you will know you have done everything you could have possibly done to keep the coin in good shape. Just my opinion.
And, you'll get my vote for banner.

OP
OP
MarkinIa

MarkinIa

Nov 10, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-505
That sounds like some great advice and do you know of a good place to send it in to and have it cleaned and graded??

I found the 1877 Indian over 20 years ago, downtown park in Petersburg, VA. And then watched it melt away, because I didn't clean it properly.
Just a suggestion. That coin is a major coin. If I were you, I would send it in to 1) be professionally cleaned (they will stop any further deterioration), and 2) to have it graded. It will cost
a little, but I think you would be pleased with what they do to it, and you will know you have done everything you could have possibly done to keep the coin in good shape. Just my opinion.
And, you'll get my vote for banner.

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the club got mine last yr

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD Sunray FX1 Probe Minelab X Terra 705 Garrett pro-pointer Whites Prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sobo

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Ctx 3030, Omega 8500, AT Pro, Ace 150, Explorer XS, Explorer SE / Sunray Probe, Bounter Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow awesome date, and awesome condition. Big congrats on that find :notworthy:.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread