🔎 UNIDENTIFIED I found a knot bullet and underneath it it looks very round but not like the three ringers I normally find is this a confederate

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 149
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 43
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 46

TheCannonballGuy

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2006
Occupied CSA (Richmond VA)
Detector(s) used
White's 6000, Nautilus DMC-1, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well m'friend, first of all, your bullet has reeded body-grooves (multiple tiny parallel raised ridges inside the body-grooves)... which means your bullet cannot have been made before 1877 (at the very earliest).

Second... your diameter-measurement of it (11mm) and your photos (thanks for giving us three different-angle views) indicate it is a slightly different version of the US Model-1874 Colt Army Revolver bullet dug in Texas by T-Net member Ronson about a month ago.

Upvote 11

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
the parrel grooves are for the cartridge crimping tp seal bullet to case as a gas seal that means its a cartridge case type bullet the hollow back is typical of black powder type bullets to allow the gases to swell outwards making a good fit with the barrel rifling thus its post civil war era blackpowder cartridge ammo pre smokesless powder so about 1880 to early 1900 era

Upvote 2
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the parrel grooves are for the cartridge crimping tp seal bullet to case as a gas seal that means its a cartridge case type bullet the hollow back is typical of black powder type bullets to allow the gases to swell outwards making a good fit with the barrel rifling thus its post civil war era blackpowder cartridge ammo pre smokesless powder so about 1880 to early 1900 era
I appreciate that Ivan I learn something from you guys every day thank you

Upvote 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions