Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Be-bopping through the Universe as I sometimes do carried me to a park today in which my sole intention was to beep the totlot and maybe get a little gold or silver of the modern variety. After fat-fingering the google maps and ending up at the wrong park I was about to leave when a wooded area in the rear of the public space really caught my brain in a mental fishook if you know what I mean (I had to check it out!!!) My secaond target blew my eardrums out and this beautiful cannonball fragment popped out followed by two oxknobs in same hole, a spoon with makers marks (illegible sadly), and a few other nice odds and ends. Will definitely return this place it appears it has never been beeped!!!

Attachments

• shrapnel.JPG
    shrapnel.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 194
  • cellarhole.JPG
    cellarhole.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1640.JPG
    IMG_1640.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1642.JPG
    IMG_1642.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1643.JPG
    IMG_1643.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1644.JPG
    IMG_1644.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_1645.JPG
    IMG_1645.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_1646.JPG
    IMG_1646.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1651.JPG
    IMG_1651.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 101
  • IMG_1653.JPG
    IMG_1653.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 105
Upvote 28

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well isn't that a great turn of direction, going to the wrong park.
Congrats on the 2 pieces of cannonball. (probably more there for sure)
Real nice mixture of finds
The pewter spoon has some age to it.
Best of luck on the return hunt(s)

OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well isn't that a great turn of direction, going to the wrong park.
Congrats on the 2 pieces of cannonball. (probably more there for sure)
Real nice mixture of finds
The pewter spoon has some age to it.
Best of luck on the return hunt(s)
Thank you very much, I need to bring a scythe with me it is really hard to swing a coil there. Thinking this site has potential for trenching and screening. Found a possible civil war camp at a different park last week kinda liking Virginia:)

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you very much, I need to bring a scythe with me it is really hard to swing a coil there. Thinking this site has potential for trenching and screening. Found a possible civil war camp at a different park last week kinda liking Virginia:)
I went to an old permission today with new detector.
Crazy iron (blacksmith shop) good history at the site.
Got a target, and I counted the 15 pieces of iron that came out of the hole 8"x12"x12" deep from heads of nails to pieces of cast, flat bar, bits of iron that was probably discarded over time.
Pinpointer was just screaming when I touched the walls of the hole.
I dream of screening the site.

OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I went to an old permission today with new detector.
Crazy iron (blacksmith shop) good history at the site.
Got a target, and I counted the 15 pieces of iron that came out of the hole 8"x12"x12" deep from heads of nails to pieces of cast, flat bar, bits of iron that was probably discarded over time.
Pinpointer was just screaming when I touched the walls of the hole.
I dream of screening the site.
The pictures of the results will be forthcoming I gather, good luck twenty dollar double eagle crossing fingers for ya, happy holidays btw

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The pictures of the results will be forthcoming I gather, good luck twenty dollar double eagle crossing fingers for ya, happy holidays btw
I did get a GW Button from the small site, tokens, coppers, and other relics, I haven't got a silver though.
Thanks for the good vibes. Same to you HH

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be-bopping through the Universe as I sometimes do carried me to a park today in which my sole intention was to beep the totlot and maybe get a little gold or silver of the modern variety. After fat-fingering the google maps and ending up at the wrong park I was about to leave when a wooded area in the rear of the public space really caught my brain in a mental fishook if you know what I mean (I had to check it out!!!) My secaond target blew my eardrums out and this beautiful cannonball fragment popped out followed by two oxknobs in same hole, a spoon with makers marks (illegible sadly), and a few other nice odds and ends. Will definitely return this place it appears it has never been beeped!!!
Nice!!!! Congrats!!!!

OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I did get a GW Button from the small site, tokens, coppers, and other relics, I haven't got a silver though.
Thanks for the good vibes. Same to you HH
of course, the only people that truly understand a digger is another digger, have fun!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice shell frag :thumbsup:
Ought to some buttons and coins in there

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul. I have an old foundation I want to go detect. You just gave me some motivation.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread