I found my first silver coin today at an obscure beach

detectorbishop

Sep 29, 2021
fife lake, mi
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
decided to try out a little beach by me, more of a park on the water, lol. After digging a bunch of pull tabs, I got a weird low tone on the Garrett at pro and decided to dig it. Turned out to be a junk ring. Got the same tone and found another one right next to it. A few minutes later a came across a pocket spill of 45 cents in clad and a bunch more pull tabs. All the while its pouring out. I was about to give it up and remembered a tip from someone here that said before you quit, dig three more targets. Sure glad I listened cause the very next dig was a 1939 mercury dime in pretty good shape I think. the next target turned out to be a pocket knife I still need to clean up. Thanks again for all the advice I've received from so many folk here!
-Keith
20211012_181628.jpg
20211012_180339.jpg
20211012_180325.jpg

Upvote 15

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
decided to try out a little beach by me, more of a park on the water, lol. After digging a bunch of pull tabs, I got a weird low tone on the Garrett at pro and decided to dig it. Turned out to be a junk ring. Got the same tone and found another one right next to it. A few minutes later a came across a pocket spill of 45 cents in clad and a bunch more pull tabs. All the while its pouring out. I was about to give it up and remembered a tip from someone here that said before you quit, dig three more targets. Sure glad I listened cause the very next dig was a 1939 mercury dime in pretty good shape I think. the next target turned out to be a pocket knife I still need to clean up. Thanks again for all the advice I've received from so many folk here!
-Keith View attachment 1984920 View attachment 1984921 View attachment 1984922
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Started with a Minelab X-Terra 505 with stock coil or 18.75khz elliptical coil depending upon the site. Upgraded to Equinox 600 with stock coil, xl coil and sinper coil depending on circumstances.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Obscure sites are the way to go these days. Love mercury dimes.

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You never know when that next signal is going to be the prize! Congratulations on your first silver!

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your nice recoveries Those mercury dimes are such beautiful coins also

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A big congrats on finding your first Silver coin !
Merc's are beautiful coins - digging them never stops being a thrill !

Last edited:

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
solid effort and love that silver, wtg!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread