I found my first silver coin today at an obscure beach

detectorbishop

Sep 29, 2021
fife lake, mi
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
decided to try out a little beach by me, more of a park on the water, lol. After digging a bunch of pull tabs, I got a weird low tone on the Garrett at pro and decided to dig it. Turned out to be a junk ring. Got the same tone and found another one right next to it. A few minutes later a came across a pocket spill of 45 cents in clad and a bunch more pull tabs. All the while its pouring out. I was about to give it up and remembered a tip from someone here that said before you quit, dig three more targets. Sure glad I listened cause the very next dig was a 1939 mercury dime in pretty good shape I think. the next target turned out to be a pocket knife I still need to clean up. Thanks again for all the advice I've received from so many folk here!
-Keith View attachment 1984920 View attachment 1984921 View attachment 1984922

Upvote 13

NZ49er

Apr 3, 2018
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of many, I'm sure! Not an easy date, either. Congrats!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
decided to try out a little beach by me, more of a park on the water, lol. After digging a bunch of pull tabs, I got a weird low tone on the Garrett at pro and decided to dig it. Turned out to be a junk ring. Got the same tone and found another one right next to it. A few minutes later a came across a pocket spill of 45 cents in clad and a bunch more pull tabs. All the while its pouring out. I was about to give it up and remembered a tip from someone here that said before you quit, dig three more targets. Sure glad I listened cause the very next dig was a 1939 mercury dime in pretty good shape I think. the next target turned out to be a pocket knife I still need to clean up. Thanks again for all the advice I've received from so many folk here!
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice congratulations on your first silver ..I will remember your advice to dig three more

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a nice ending...and congratulations on your first mercury dime...

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey man, congrats on your first silver coin! Another tip, always hunt OTWBTTC (on the way back to the car)

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your first Silver coin !
As most will agree ... finding Merc's NEVER gets old !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions