pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found these on the river seven police were call and took away all fun and games for a Saturday afternoon
What type of gun was it?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think it was an air pistol there was a blot action on the other side of it
Why were the police called then?
Just wondering as it's obviously an air pistol.

OP
OP
Gammonater

Gammonater

Tenderfoot
Aug 28, 2022
As it a gun they need to be notified as if there was a gun attack there it maybe linked to it and at the time it looked like a gun even when they turned up they wasn’t sure what it was

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this old air pistol at a flea market. I still haven't found the parts that are missing. A guy who runs an air-gun online store told me the parts I need are gonna be impossible to find, but said, just the grips alone on it would quadruple the money I gave for it, so it might be piecing it out would be the only option I have to turn a profit. Unless the missing parts could be custom made, which does look like a possibility in my mind. I think yours is a C02 model.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
As it a gun they need to be notified as if there was a gun attack there it maybe linked to it and at the time it looked like a gun even when they turned up they wasn’t sure what it was
Probably used in an armed hold up threw it, date-time it has been in the drink is a ??.

On the other hand little Johnny shooting in the house, or at the birds at the feeder
Splash
Mother cleaning up rebel teens room-finds airgun-Oh my! He's in a gang
Splash
Lots of different reasons
Someday they'll find my fathers small gun collection in the bottom of the lake-and then the ?? will happen also.

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Calling the police is the right thing to do here.

in England and Wales, air guns with a muzzle energy greater than one joule are regarded as weapons and it’s an offence to carry one in a public place without reasonable excuse (eg carrying it to/from a gun club or immediately after purchase). Additionally you have to be at least 18 years old unless under the supervision of someone at least 21 years old (except on private property with owner permission, at a gun club, shooting gallery etc).

Air weapons in general with a muzzle energy greater than 12 foot-pounds also require a firearms certificate issued by a local police force, but there is a special restriction for pistols. They’re prohibited if the muzzle energy is greater than 6 foot-pounds and possessing one requires specific authority from the Secretary of State.

From the profile and design details, it looks like it might be a vintage Crosman bolt-action and some of those may exceed today's muzzle energy restrictions.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Calling the police is the right thing to do here.

in England and Wales, air guns with a muzzle energy greater than one joule are regarded as weapons and it’s an offence to carry one in a public place without reasonable excuse (eg carrying it to/from a gun club or immediately after purchase). Additionally you have to be at least 18 years old unless under the supervision of someone at least 21 years old (except on private property with owner permission, at a gun club, shooting gallery etc).

Air weapons in general with a muzzle energy greater than 12 foot-pounds also require a firearms certificate issued by a local police force, but there is a special restriction for pistols. They’re prohibited if the muzzle energy is greater than 6 foot-pounds and possessing one requires specific authority from the Secretary of State.

From the profile and design details, it looks like it might be a vintage Crosman bolt-action and some of those may exceed today's muzzle energy restrictions.
I didn't realize that the OP was British, then the laws that you state would be as you've written.

Thinking he was US, I wondered as it was just an air pistol.

Even in Canada one has to be 18yrs old, no supervision, nor do they need to be registered in any way.

Currently, for the purposes of sections 91 to 95, 99 to 101, 103 to 107 and 117.03 of the criminal code, airguns are deemed not to be firearms

Reactions: ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I owned one of those exact ones as a kid... was my dads.

its a 22 cal air pellet if i am not mistaken.

mrcolin2u

Dec 23, 2004
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II umax
Fisher CZ20
Minelab Excalibur II 10" coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The police have nothing better to do than confiscate a rusted up old pellet gun ? What if it was a spud gun would they still come out and make a report ?
It’s ridiculous

OP
OP
Gammonater

Gammonater

Tenderfoot
Aug 28, 2022
The police have nothing better to do than confiscate a rusted up old pellet gun ? What if it was a spud gun would they still come out and make a report ?
It’s ridiculous
It would depend on how big the spud gun was

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread