🔎 UNIDENTIFIED I found this item at an old house/limestone quarry site. It is made of aluminum that is the size of a half-dollar with only an ornate number 30 on it

usinadi

Mar 9, 2015
Stilwell, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350; Garrett AT Gold, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
C22C599D-E484-41A3-9185-FE52E0A1F6ED.jpeg

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check closely for any writing on the other side. May be really hard to see.
I have found several pieces of Coal Script made from aluminum, BUT I have never seen a 30-cent piece of script. They all follow regular coinage denomination. I just checked my Edkins Catalogue and no $.30 script for coal, so i think might be a stretch there is any other script for $.30 but I could be wrong. Certainly, looks like some type of token. Maybe someone will recognize it for you, and we will all learn something,

Upvote 1
OP
OP
U

usinadi

Mar 9, 2015
Stilwell, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350; Garrett AT Gold, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I have no idea what it is but I do know that there was an old limestone quarry initially there in 1890's but moved southward to a place called Marble City in like 1903. The limestone plant is still in production today. The original company was called Great Western Marble Works. I wondered if it was tied to a bag of some sort because it has a small hole in it and the 30's on each side do not line up. Thank you all for all the suggestions.

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread