I found this on a remote beach in the Caribean

Dec 18, 2012
I found this on a remote beach in the Caribean with a metal detector. My first time. It's about 5ft length, 1.5 width, 1.5 deep. Couldn't get it out due to time constraints but I will be going back with proper digging and wench equipment. Its made of iron or steel. looks quite old. Does anyone know what this might be? To me, it looks like a treasure chest. Maybe wishful thinking.

Attachments

• image-2247980723.jpg
    image-2247980723.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 1,338
  • image-977795793.jpg
    image-977795793.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 1,289
Upvote 0

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like some one else coming on Tnet just to play dumb games with us.............You probably heard the last of this....

dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks to be all over.

White Feather

Nov 19, 2008
Ellenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster, Bounty Hunter, Propwash...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe he went back, hit paydirt and refuses to let anyone know so he can stay under the radar. Would you show off if you really found something so the feds could come after you? It would take ground radar to find me if I found a chest full of coins and treasure. If it was nothing he would also be shy about owning up to it.

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately I was being bitten alive and wound up with 600 sand flee and mosquito bites, didn't have the right tools and had to leave. Ill update you soon. Trying to go back and see. I agree the straps seem wide for a chest but they were all hand made so you never know how someone designed it back then. Either way, the curiosity is killing me so I have to know soon

Did you really actually count the mosquito bites?? Umm......lmao

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
One of two explanations, 1-It was full of pirate loot....Frank

111-2 700.jpg 2

Last edited:

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
He did say that he was going back in February right? Hell I still would like to know what it was. Even if it was a bunch of iron. What was it for? Or how old was it?
Yeah we'd all love to find the lost treasure of black beard, but many of us wind up finding metal for scrap yard.
Even if it was a treasure, he could just give us a hint.
I'm hoping to one day post a find of lost gold, but it just might be the empty lockbox. Lol

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe he went back, hit paydirt and refuses to let anyone know so he can stay under the radar. Would you show off if you really found something so the feds could come after you? It would take ground radar to find me if I found a chest full of coins and treasure. If it was nothing he would also be shy about owning up to it.

If I found it I'd brag about it under a false name. I've heard that some people don't use their real names online.

webatch

Nov 4, 2012
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Compass Challenger X-80
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Skydog ~ I was thinking the same thing. Yes you must follow up curiosity is making me wait! hmm wasn't that a commercial some years back?

I wouldn't care what it is right now ~ just to be on a warm beach ~ I'm tired of looking out the window at SNOW.

The weather man said the thermometer is going to try some new numbers this weekend ~ something on the plus side of 50 ~ wow everybody will be out is shorts!

So "desert calling"? do you feel out of place close to all that water? Curious minds want to know?

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My sons BDAY is tomorrow. The BIG 18. So do I take him detecting or he asked to go to a strip club. Lol.
The weathers been awesome here. Now everyone's getting sick. Congestion/cough. Mine hit me Wednesday as I was in the hills with my mother. I sent her down in the wash where I broke my ankle, to retrieve my digger. Funny thing was, I showed her the spot I crawled out of the wash and hobbled to the truck. Then showed her where to get in the wash, and to work her way up the wash towards the spot with a huge sloping rock that went from top to bottom. There's where the retriever will be. I was detecting a campsite while waiting for her. I noticed she was walking down the dirt road, coming from farther upstream. Her hands were empty. I met her at the spot

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry hit send.

I met her at the trail that took us to where I climbed out. I then noticed that a faded yellow branch was there. All the others were grey. I asked her to go over there and pick it up and see what it was. She goes over, picks it up, and I see the hoe end and the rake end at one end of the stick. Lol. How I didn't notice that before I sent her hiking is beyond me. Well I originally thought I left it in the wash because it stabbed me in the back, when I fell. That time wasted while we could've been detecting.

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sooooooooo Jan and Feb come and gone. Did you make it back or what?

Daugela

Jul 8, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Detector(s) used
White MTX, VX3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seriously guys! Do you really think is post is real?

I don't want to come across rude or anything, but its almost comical how so many users are wanting updates from this guy. Granted, the original post was fun to read and play with but how many of you would actually take a picture of the find half dug up and then tell everyone on a website like this that you'll just cover it up and return in a few months....

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well, it's not as if we have anything else to do till the gov comes for our guns

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread