I found this whilst magnetic fishing in the river sever dose any one know what it is

Gammonater

Tenderfoot
Aug 28, 2022
FA97C833-7C9B-4387-9306-961B072AD0E6.jpeg

Attachments

• 1DA93D8C-EB71-475C-BAA1-B746B17B83CF.jpeg
    1DA93D8C-EB71-475C-BAA1-B746B17B83CF.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 104
Upvote 10

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Terror Magnet ยฎ โ€“ 2200 lb / 1000kg โ€“ Allround 360ยฐ​

Not the biggest one only been doing it for a week of so
Picks up to 2200 lbs?! I keep imagining trying to get the magnet into the car, it clinging to the car, and being unable to pull it off. :). But I think there's a special container for it...

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it can stick to a car but you have to be close to it to stick Iโ€™ve got a box for mine to go
I was thinking of getting something along the lines of getting something in the 300lbs range....is the diameter for your magnet pretty wide...I hear stories of magnets connecting to sunken cars....people having to wade out to get their magnet back...

hollARDog

Jun 18, 2022
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking of getting something along the lines of getting something in the 300lbs range....is the diameter for your magnet pretty wide...I hear stories of magnets connecting to sunken cars....people having to wade out to get their magnet back...
You will be highly disappointed if you do, I wouldn't recommend anything under 1100# to start. And depending on where and how kinda makes a difference in mag style.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it can stick to a car but you have to be close to it to stick Iโ€™ve got a box for mine to go
Got mine in a plastic ammo box. The foam it came in holds it in the center. Rope and a pair of gloves fit too. The lid seals tight so no dripping all over the car on the way home. Put three or four drops of Dawn & some water in the box close and slosh to clean. Lay everything out in the sun to dry. Ready to go for the next trip.
If you put it in the cargo pocket of your shorts don't get close to your car. It's embarrassing trying to slide yourself off the car. DON'T ASK ME HOW I KNOW THIS!๐Ÿค—๐Ÿคช๐Ÿค”

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will be highly disappointed if you do, I wouldn't recommend anything under 1100# to start. And depending on where and how kinda makes a difference in mag style.
Good to know
Curious though, what is disappointing about the smaller magnets? Just not enough lifting power? Appreciate any advice. Thanks ๐Ÿ‘

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got mine in a plastic ammo box. The foam it came in holds it in the center. Rope and a pair of gloves fit too. The lid seals tight so no dripping all over the car on the way home. Put three or four drops of Dawn & some water in the box close and slosh to clean. Lay everything out in the sun to dry. Ready to go for the next trip.
If you put it in the cargo pocket of your shorts don't get close to your car. It's embarrassing trying to slide yourself off the car. DON'T ASK ME HOW I KNOW THIS!๐Ÿค—๐Ÿคช๐Ÿค”
Its even more embarrassing when your front pocket slaps into the gum and tick tac rack that is in front of the convenience store counter and you AND the clerk jump.... and then have to slide your shorts pocket off looking like you have something in your pants that is not normal.

And also dont ask me how i know that. :P

(jewelry neodymium magnet that i dropped into my front pocket earlier without thinking.)

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're worried add a second ring eye to the side hole use that to slide it off.
Its even more embarrassing when your front pocket slaps into the gum and tick tac rack that is in front of the convenience store counter and you AND the clerk jump.... and then have to slide your shorts pocket off looking like you have something in your pants that is not normal.

And also dont ask me how i know that. :P

(jewelry neodymium magnet that i dropped into my front pocket earlier without thinking.)
At least it wasn't 1200lb pull and you didn't have a bunch of half lit buddies close by laughing.

I think you've stumbled on a novel way to shoplift Tic Tacs ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're worried add a second ring eye to the side hole use that to slide it off.

At least it wasn't 1200lb pull and you didn't have a bunch of half lit buddies close by laughing.

I think you've stumbled on a novel way to shoplift Tic Tacs ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
LAugh away... :P i almost ripped the whole damn shelf off the front of the counter trying to get it off.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread