I Got Lucky Today

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This morning on my way to a site that I've previously detected I spotted a mid-fifties house that was on a nice big corner lot that was being renovated. I hit the brakes and turned around, parked my vehicle and commenced detecting the grassy area between the curb and sidewalk.

Right off I unearthed a deep Rosie dime. Shortly after that a construction worker showed up and right after that another man showed up and started giving instructions to the worker. I figured I was safe since I was detecting in a public right-a-way.

After the man got through instructing the worker he jumped in his truck and drove around the corner and pulled up next to me. He asked if I was having any luck and I told him that I've only found one good coin, a Rosie dime. He said I just want to let you know that you're welcome to detect this yard and any of the houses that you see around town with my sign in the yard.

This permission was given to me even before I told him that I was a retired builder and land developer. To top it all off he worked as a construction supervisor for a builder that we both admired greatly before he got into the renovation/rental business. We traded some good stories and he gave me his business card before driving off.

Anyhow, I ended up finding a Rosie, a Mercury dime, a Washington quarter and 3 Wheat pennies at that site before leaving for another site that I've previously detected. It has a small front yard and the plan was to hit it super hard with the my Exquinox 600 and then go back over it with my modded Cibolo with the 8-inch concentric search coil attached to see what else I could find.

That plan didn't work because my wireless headphone battery was out of power and wouldn't link up, so I hit the yard with my Cibola. It's been a while since I've used it, but it didn't take me long before I was popping coins left and right. There weren't any wheat pennies so I knew it was a dude site, but I sure was having some fun. I popped 8 nickels, the most that I've found in a long time. Tesoro detectors love nickels and can find them even if they're in a bed of nails.

tabman

Attachments

• IMG_0509.JPG
    IMG_0509.JPG
    680.3 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0510.JPG
    IMG_0510.JPG
    205.7 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0511.JPG
    IMG_0511.JPG
    722.4 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0512.JPG
    IMG_0512.JPG
    331.2 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0513.JPG
    IMG_0513.JPG
    699.9 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0514.JPG
    IMG_0514.JPG
    308.2 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0515.JPG
    IMG_0515.JPG
    568.1 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0518.JPG
    IMG_0518.JPG
    369.1 KB · Views: 96
Upvote 39

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a fun hunt! Nice going on the permissions!

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ssshhh don't tell to many people.....But let me give you a big SHOUT on a great job...

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice work! 🙌 The permissions are a huge bonus! I just fell into a similar situation...had my eye on an edge-of-town farm for years. It auctioned recently, due to the passing of the original owner. Saw a dumpster and pickup there recently, and stopped to Introduce myself. New owner said he has about forty rental properties in the area and said to stop by his office for a list of them and to enjoy myself. 😁

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great score tab man and those who live right get permissions handed to them!:icon_thumleft:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice silver coin finds! :occasion14:

Coil-2-Soil

Mar 21, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great job tabman! On the coins and all the new permissions! HH

DirtDigginDan

Jul 3, 2018
Buffalo,MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett Propointer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fabulous bunch of finds, I`m jealous, my ground is frozen solid, its 7 degrees here now.:BangHead:

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, Everyone! I'm holed up today with doing things that need to get done. Hopefully, the rain will hold off for a few more days, because I'm really wanting to take my Tesoro and go back over the site that I had previously detected super hard with the Equinox 600. It should be interesting and telling.

tabman

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With great permissions comes great rewords!

I want to be the first to say congratulations on the finds you have not yet found! I have no doubts, some really cool and possibly historical stuff is about to land in your lap! Be sure and keep us informed. :occasion14:

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My un-modified Cibola does great, so I assume you pulled EVERY little goodie out of that place, sure looks like you did...! :icon_thumright:

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
after thought ? last time i got lucky was when apollo 14 landed on the moon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread