Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to a small park I haven’t been to in a while. From what I could see it looks like the only part still in use is the basketball court. The ball field and the tot lot are all overgrown and show no signs of use. I spent 5 hours with the CZ21 and gave the main area a good once over and did a quick search of the tot lot and the baseball field.

All together I found 95 coins with a face value of $6.91, 2 smoking devices, a 2017 dog license, a big sinker, a house key, 3 pieces of junky jewelry, a silver dime, tabs, can slaw and aluminum bottle caps.

CCAAA099-A5F9-4DEF-9C1F-0D435C5AAC5F.jpeg

The dime was part of a coin spill with all the rest being much newer coins. It was probably like the war nickel and old Canadian penny I got in change. Someone rolled some old change and they ended up in circulation. They did not go through a coin sorting machine because silver coins are rejected so it had to be from a roll.

BA2A02A9-0418-4011-9256-16A85B1CED0A.jpeg

Here is a picture of the coins I pulled from the spill. It was just under the surface so it is a recent spill. Can you spot the silver dime?

F94A2BBD-B5EF-4C16-92F3-F3C2C2190ABF.jpeg

This is silver number 108 since my detecting year started May 1st. A decent year so far number wise, unfortunately a lot of them are not coins and are small earrings and earring backs.

I did my weekly visit to the scout camp and spent 6 hours with the CZ21 and found 96 coins with a face value of $7.20, 64 camp tent pegs, a rusty pair of needle nose vise grip pliers, a stainless fork, sinkers, 2 rope tensioners, a key, a squashed penny (SPILLWAY, LINESVILLE, PA), a bronze Cub Scout medal, a Bear pin, 2 no cash value tokens, 3 neckerchief slides, a few tabs and a lot of melted aluminum from the fire pits.

0FB75ECF-22B2-4C99-A2CE-2C66FB48097F.jpeg

The Cub Scout bronze medal is a nonspecific award that was purchased from the scout shop. It has no specific purpose and can be used for anything the scout leaders wish to award it for. The Bear pin was under some leaves and is in like new condition so it is a recent loss.

F30AE192-A3C9-44AD-A9BB-DC791FD635E2.jpeg

The 2 neckerchief slides on the left are the older style general Cub Scout slides. They have a wolf on a blue background. Sometime in the last 20 years or so they went to a different slide for each rank and the wolf rank has a red background in the new style. I’m not sure of the exact year they made the change. I know my grandson had the new style when he started in Cubs in 2009. The other slide is a Webelos slide that has had the same design for many years.

F380F025-F312-4A69-92C0-811F2650D719.jpeg

Went camping with the scouts at a park with a seldom used ball field. I had 2 hours of down time and swung the CZ21 on the field. Not a lot of luck, but I did find 21 coins with a face value of $1.35, 3 interesting whatzits, a 1946 wheatie, a matching game tail from a beaver tail tab, can slaw and other tabs. The Roman numeral 2 looks like it could be part of a car emblem and the round perforated disc looks like it might be from an older style speaker. The middle one with “draw” on it is a mystery, no idea, but it is not old.

DCF3C192-658D-400F-87A0-2A89B34EC305.jpeg

I went to a small park with a baseball field that has been used for soccer lately. Not a lot of use, but still in use. I spent 4 hours with the CZ21 giving the area a quick once over. I must have done pretty well cleaning up last time (2 years ago) because the targets were few and far between. A lot of dead space with no signals, not even iron. I managed to pull 56 coins with a face value of $3.77, a cheapy earring, 2 .22 caliber slugs, a house key, half a toy car, some tabs, aluminum bottle caps and a little can slaw.

F26257B7-87CC-4F2B-8166-EA51DF08DE60.jpeg

I took another trip to the scout camp and started the site next to the one at the beginning of this post. You always hope for the best but you never know what is waiting for you in the ground. There was about a half inch of snow on the ground and it was 22 degrees with a little sun every now and then so I was bundled up and wearing my mittens which makes everything harder to do and each recovery takes more time. Not a great day, but no skunk either. In 5.5 hours with the CZ21 I found 73 coins with a face value of $4.90, 33 camp tent pegs, 2 Coleman grommets, 2 rope tensioners, some sinkers, a strange ball, a no cash value token, an old rivet, a squashed penny, a belt clasp, an old horseshoe, melted aluminum and tabs.

98B6651D-0A8D-4301-A450-E3C41EC0B1F8.jpeg

245E5EA9-E46E-4EA9-B391-C6EA4E63196E.jpeg

The ball is actually plastic on the outside, but inside there is a smaller nonferrous ball that gave me the signal. I’m not sure what it was used for, but it is a different kind of find. The squashed penny is from the LIVING TREASURES ANIMAL PARK DONEGAL, PA. The belt fastener is the type used on World War 2 web belts. The soldier could fasten their canteen, first aide kit or even a pistol holster onto the belt. I have a couple I got as army surplus as a kid. This clasp is deteriorating and I believe it is part of a more modern type being made today. The same style as the old ones, just cheaper material.

5F0B27A8-B93C-4CF3-8EE8-437814D606C1.jpeg

The holidays are keeping me busy and my detecting time is limited because of the honeydo time I need to put in. She is very understanding most times so now it’s my turn. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

Attachments

• DF7BB6F1-5387-4C79-9AE0-BFF44DD7D432.jpeg
    DF7BB6F1-5387-4C79-9AE0-BFF44DD7D432.jpeg
    405.1 KB · Views: 35
  • EA3F97F0-F6C8-44BA-8223-B5A6EE8CF339.jpeg
    EA3F97F0-F6C8-44BA-8223-B5A6EE8CF339.jpeg
    290.8 KB · Views: 43
Upvote 12

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your beautiful recoveries..with all that digging you should have arms like Popeye

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to a small park I haven’t been to in a while. From what I could see it looks like the only part still in use is the basketball court. The ball field and the tot lot are all overgrown and show no signs of use. I spent 5 hours with the CZ21 and gave the main area a good once over and did a quick search of the tot lot and the baseball field.

All together I found 95 coins with a face value of $6.91, 2 smoking devices, a 2017 dog license, a big sinker, a house key, 3 pieces of junky jewelry, a silver dime, tabs, can slaw and aluminum bottle caps.

View attachment 1996037

The dime was part of a coin spill with all the rest being much newer coins. It was probably like the war nickel and old Canadian penny I got in change. Someone rolled some old change and they ended up in circulation. They did not go through a coin sorting machine because silver coins are rejected so it had to be from a roll.

View attachment 1996038

Here is a picture of the coins I pulled from the spill. It was just under the surface so it is a recent spill. Can you spot the silver dime?

View attachment 1996039

This is silver number 108 since my detecting year started May 1st. A decent year so far number wise, unfortunately a lot of them are not coins and are small earrings and earring backs.

I did my weekly visit to the scout camp and spent 6 hours with the CZ21 and found 96 coins with a face value of $7.20, 64 camp tent pegs, a rusty pair of needle nose vise grip pliers, a stainless fork, sinkers, 2 rope tensioners, a key, a squashed penny (SPILLWAY, LINESVILLE, PA), a bronze Cub Scout medal, a Bear pin, 2 no cash value tokens, 3 neckerchief slides, a few tabs and a lot of melted aluminum from the fire pits.

View attachment 1996040

The Cub Scout bronze medal is a nonspecific award that was purchased from the scout shop. It has no specific purpose and can be used for anything the scout leaders wish to award it for. The Bear pin was under some leaves and is in like new condition so it is a recent loss.

View attachment 1996041

The 2 neckerchief slides on the left are the older style general Cub Scout slides. They have a wolf on a blue background. Sometime in the last 20 years or so they went to a different slide for each rank and the wolf rank has a red background in the new style. I’m not sure of the exact year they made the change. I know my grandson had the new style when he started in Cubs in 2009. The other slide is a Webelos slide that has had the same design for many years.

View attachment 1996042

Went camping with the scouts at a park with a seldom used ball field. I had 2 hours of down time and swung the CZ21 on the field. Not a lot of luck, but I did find 21 coins with a face value of $1.35, 3 interesting whatzits, a 1946 wheatie, a matching game tail from a beaver tail tab, can slaw and other tabs. The Roman numeral 2 looks like it could be part of a car emblem and the round perforated disc looks like it might be from an older style speaker. The middle one with “draw” on it is a mystery, no idea, but it is not old.

View attachment 1996043

I went to a small park with a baseball field that has been used for soccer lately. Not a lot of use, but still in use. I spent 4 hours with the CZ21 giving the area a quick once over. I must have done pretty well cleaning up last time (2 years ago) because the targets were few and far between. A lot of dead space with no signals, not even iron. I managed to pull 56 coins with a face value of $3.77, a cheapy earring, 2 .22 caliber slugs, a house key, half a toy car, some tabs, aluminum bottle caps and a little can slaw.

View attachment 1996047

I took another trip to the scout camp and started the site next to the one at the beginning of this post. You always hope for the best but you never know what is waiting for you in the ground. There was about a half inch of snow on the ground and it was 22 degrees with a little sun every now and then so I was bundled up and wearing my mittens which makes everything harder to do and each recovery takes more time. Not a great day, but no skunk either. In 5.5 hours with the CZ21 I found 73 coins with a face value of $4.90, 33 camp tent pegs, 2 Coleman grommets, 2 rope tensioners, some sinkers, a strange ball, a no cash value token, an old rivet, a squashed penny, a belt clasp, an old horseshoe, melted aluminum and tabs.

View attachment 1996048
View attachment 1996046

The ball is actually plastic on the outside, but inside there is a smaller nonferrous ball that gave me the signal. I’m not sure what it was used for, but it is a different kind of find. The squashed penny is from the LIVING TREASURES ANIMAL PARK DONEGAL, PA. The belt fastener is the type used on World War 2 web belts. The soldier could fasten their canteen, first aide kit or even a pistol holster onto the belt. I have a couple I got as army surplus as a kid. This clasp is deteriorating and I believe it is part of a more modern type being made today. The same style as the old ones, just cheaper material.

View attachment 1996051

The holidays are keeping me busy and my detecting time is limited because of the honeydo time I need to put in. She is very understanding most times so now it’s my turn. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.
Very Nice!!!! Congrats!!!!! Lots of Goodies!!

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to know what kind of sorcery you use to find 108 silvers in that short amount of time lol. I've been in the hobby for many years and have maybe and I'm saying maybe 20 silvers under my belt lol. Darn it I must suck at this. Though good job glad the hobby is treating you well.

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to know what kind of sorcery you use to find 108 silvers in that short amount of time lol. I've been in the hobby for many years and have maybe and I'm saying maybe 20 silvers under my belt lol. Darn it I must suck at this. Though good job glad the hobby is treating you well.
Not sorcery, just finding the right spots to hunt. As I said most of them are small earrings and earring backs and most of them came out of fresh water swimming areas. Some days 9 or 10 in a day and the ATPRO does a great job of picking up the small silver and golds.

Thanks for you reply. Stay safe, good luck and keep swingin.

oldmxrat

Silver Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not you bro, we're on the wrong side of the country for such things. It was heavily populated over there while there were nothing but naked indians running around over here.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not you bro, we're on the wrong side of the country for such things. It was heavily populated over there while there were nothing but naked indians running around over here.
Here it is hard in California. I live in the central valley and just not much. Yeah there is gold rush era stuff but most that ended up on private grazing lands and those people often are afraid of getting sued so they let no one on their land. You have to know people here to get anything good. I have a few things in the works but they just haven't fell through yet.

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here it is hard in California. I live in the central valley and just not much. Yeah there is gold rush era stuff but most that ended up on private grazing lands and those people often are afraid of getting sued so they let no one on their land. You have to know people here to get anything good. I have a few things in the works but they just haven't fell through yet.
I’m sorry to hear things are tough out there. Keep at it and maybe you will find a prime spot. You never know what you will find and where. Sometimes they goodies are where you least expect them. Stay safe and keep swingin.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m sorry to hear things are tough out there. Keep at it and maybe you will find a prime spot. You never know what you will find and where. Sometimes they goodies are where you least expect them. Stay safe and keep swingin.
Lol it's all good I love the hobby regardless. I'm stubborn as they come so giving up isn't an option still determined as can be to one day find something really good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread