Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like 3 walkers there !! Congrats and welcome back to the sea !!

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
against docs orders
But wound reopened and
Gonna need surgery soooo...
Went for new gold...ended up with old silver
3 halves...2 sil.quarters...1 silver dime...a buffalo and a shield nickel...I'll take it...
Felt great to get in

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well that sucks that your wound got opened up.....but you got out there and got some silvers....congrats casper...im glad you got out there.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's quite a haul of silver :thumbsup:

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its proof that in all metal that CZ21 goes deep if you go slow and in all metal
found at a spot that a handful of hunters here have been to
Most know I hunt out at lows as far out as I can get with mask - shallows are usually clean
100s have hunted this spot 99% hit mostly from waist deep on in - I hunt waist deep to just over my head
going for new gold I decided to hit in closer ...a guy was just leaving that I had met a few yrs ago - he said he got a couple rings
but did not say what they were made of - I had to hope he left something behind - I started at waist deep
and got nothing and headed out as far as i could - tide was 1/2 hr before low
out at chin deep i started gettting recent quarters so i was in zone he did not get out to
I ended up heading back in more shallow getting a stray newer coin now and then - I hunt in all metal and got a whisper of a signal
scooped down just over a foot and hit rocks - solid mostly fist size - long ago this is where the good stuff was...so hopes
were high i had something old .scooped into the rocks (down over a foot) and pulled up Cracker Jacks style whistle - good sign
i cranked sensitivity to full and swung real slow around the area - got 3 more whispers near by that turned out to be wheats.
Got another positive signal in the rocks down deep and was surprised to see large black disc in bottom
of scoop and knew I had a half and if i did not get any gold...at least i got silver. I started to grid area and got more signals that barely went off
I scooped down and saw what looked like a nickel size coin in under rocks in my scoop. Thought it might be a buffalo or V nickel .
Plucked it from scoop and gave it a whipe and saw lines of a shield - wow - Ive gotten indians here in past ...think this was
first shield from here. Not to far away I got another nickel that turned out to be a buffalo. I then hit an area that was pretty silent.
Tide was coing in and I started hitting more shallow - waist to knee deep - area that gets pounded by most that water hunt here. I started getting whisper signals again - signals that i had to go over multiple times cause I was getting like "ghost" readings - Would get something
faint like every third swing. When I get these I will rapidly fan over spot with my boot then recheck - most times
signal will increase and then I will scoop. I did this a couple of times in this area and came up with a silver dime first then 2 silver quarters.
I came in to about knee deep water and got another faint one - dug down over a foot and hit rocks again. I clicked over
to ID mode and got high tone which on CZ21 is good. Took a deep scoop and had some fist size rocks I had to pull . I looked in and saw
brownish large disc - another half! Couldnt believe it. I searched around this hole and a foot away I got a similar sounding
signal...what are the chances? I scooped down over a foot and once again I had scoop full of fist size rocks - I pulled
a few out and saw another large disc - 3 halves...wow. I had to turn around and head back to my GF - we had an appointment
we were just gonna make so I had to call it quits. I have to go back and hit that spot again - I think theres some old gold in there
- definitely has to be a few more old coins.
I got to hit shallows at more of my old spots I guess
I always assume with the amount of hunters that hit here and other spots in the shallows - they are cleaned out -
Dont let spots you know are hammered detere you from trying it - you dont know how they hunt
Ive had tons of spots I shied away from thinking they were clean that I eventually went in and found stuff down deep
most of my old gold youve seen over the yrs are from spots that have been hammered - and items were found over a foot down
lot of the newbies hunt for the new gold and crank there discrim. and try and cover the whole beach in a day
it took me about 3 hrs to hit a 50 yrd by 10 yrd area - slow
I will get some new gold and I will get the old gold if its there
A lot dont care about the old stuff - some of us older guys do.
Good luck if you get out - hope I can get out and have more to show before I get surgery
PS - thing is guys crank their discrim. here - no need - myself and few others try and take all junk out
I got one caked bottle cap - one new one - a new pull tab = a bobby pin = couple of vape pens
and a couple pieces of other junk
got at least 3 times more good than bad :icon_thumright:
attachment.php

Attachments

• 31569.jpeg
    31569.jpeg
    216 KB · Views: 216
OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw an old postcard of this beach that shows a small sea plane (not the pontoon kind - boat kind) on shore in area halfs were found
(Ive found like 8 other halfs in this area yrs ago out deeper)
wonder if that couldve been price of a ride​

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everything - earrings were all found heading out - they are steel which tells me others discriminated and
passed them up - ergo - they lost depth and could not reach the deep finds

Last edited:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like a fun time out Mr Casper! Sorry to hear the foot has got worse. Maybe some kind of dry sox would be best?

I dislike chin deep.. but sometimes I venture to far.

<font color="#333333">

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YOU'D BE SAFE CHIN DEEP HERE ...youre only like 10 yrds from shore at low
plus if you were here or i was down there - i wouldnt let you hunt alone my friend :icon_thumleft:

Looks like a fun time out Mr Casper! Sorry to hear the foot has got worse. Maybe some kind of dry sox would be best?

I dislike chin deep.. but sometimes I venture to far.

<font color="#333333">

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread