I had a feeling about this derelict town lot....

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sometimes we drive down roads seldom driven due to various reasons, and it leads us to new interesting places to metal detect! This field caught my eye about a month ago when I started driving to the grocery store a different way and I finally got around to beeping it today and found some cool stuff! The gun is a pencil sharpener..the coins are a 1918 buffalo nickle, a silver S mintmark war nickle (unknown date going to tumble it has fire damage), a 1936-s winged liberty dime, two wheaties (1941-D and 1930-S). Also got a copper printing plate advertising trumpets, a little bell, a clock winder, a copper bracelet and ring, and a barrel tap handle. Thanks for looking, cheers!

Attachments

• site.JPG
    site.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 313
  • IMG_1273.JPG
    IMG_1273.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 191
  • IMG_1275.JPG
    IMG_1275.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 181
  • IMG_1276.JPG
    IMG_1276.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 193
  • take.JPG
    take.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 191
  • printing plate.JPG
    printing plate.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Upvote 38
OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Neat finds. The printing plate is an advertisement for “Holton’s - America’s Greatest Band Instruments”. I would guess that the cut-out enabled pictures of different instruments to be inserted into the generic text, or possibly addresses of local stockists for Holton’s products.

View attachment 2046121

View attachment 2046120
[picture copyright saxophone.org]

This was Frank Holton & Co. of Elkhorn, Wisconsin and you can read the company history at the link below:
https://redevelop.drobnakbrass.com/conc8/index.php/features/features-3/history-frank-holton-company
thank you once again for the info red coat you know your stuff, I seem to be better at finding things than ID'ing them and my internet connection is terrible so always appreciated!

OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Curiosity once again produces the keepers. Well done.
It's would be interesting to see what the plate reads after it's cleaned up a tad.
Pencil rubbing maybe-or mirror photo.
The cut out of the plate was a way leaving a blank space in the printing process I believe.
thanks pepper, been super busy last day or so and neglected this post...i will clean it up some more and see!

OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on finally seeing that spot. and the treasures it held.

I also took your image and played with it to be able to read the plate.

With what Redcoat said, I believe the text is referring to choking up on a bat handle?

View attachment 2046134
I can see the word “Llewellyn” at the top and I would be sure the word preceding it is “Revelation” and the word after it is "Model". Llewellyn was principal trumpet in the Chicago Symphony Orchestra and the style of trumpet he used was produced by Holton under that model name. See half-way down this page:

https://holtonloyalist.com/trumpets/

I can’t read all the text but at the end it says: “So easy playing that when you first play it you’ll never want to lay it down”.
a trumpet then that's excellent!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread