OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
then they too are killed and eaten. It's all part of the great circle and the design of nature which is the will and work of God.
The Lord works in mysterious ways.

Aren't we suppose to keep religion out of discussions?

TNet rule:
You may not.... Start a thread to specifically promote or discuss politics or religion or respond in a political or religious fashion to a post if it's not somehow tied to treasure hunting.

detectorcowboy

Nov 30, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800, & Fisher CZ3D
About 10 years ago we had a verysmall kitten show up at our barn. Every time we went there it would scream for food. It was so cute :) One evening i went back to the barn walked in and there was a raccoon setting there EATING screamer. It did not take long for me to put an end to it 111 Raccoons Poop and Pee all over my hay which can cause VERY serious and deadly health issues for my horses. 2 weeks ago a new screamer showed up at my barn. It was black with a white belly and 4 white feet. It was always there screaming at us for food. when my wife fed last evening t=she told me no kitten :( We went back and looked through my whole barn for it. My wife found a leg that looked like the kittens and a little bit of fur of it;s . I put a live trap out last evening. Today when i checked the trap there is a live coon in it !!
Terminate them with extreme prejudice.

bartholomewroberts

Feb 23, 2011
Cedar, B.C.
Detector(s) used
excal2, XP Deus, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had one in a tree a couple of nights back.. The Jack Russells treed it and were very wired.

The coon was after the farms chickens I think..Anyway.. the coon did not make it..

Micheal

plehbah2

May 8, 2023
Colorado mountains
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, XP Deus II
Aren't we suppose to keep religion out of discussions?

TNet rule:

I was certainly not trying to offend anyone, so I don't see any reason to get upset or try to get me in trouble. I stated my view of things in a polite way, nothing more and nothing less. I explained to the man the way I see living in and with nature. In fact, I don't think I said anything inflammatory or rude, so just blink your eyes as you read my post if you don't like that part. It was harmless.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sorry you had to go through that twice Gare.
Coons have a place in this world, but not in the barns.
Nothing reeks more is the waste from a coon.
Can cause problems with health.
Coons will take out a chicken coop.
To live trap and to release in another area isn't a great choice. Raccoons are territorial and it never ends well for the released or the one already there.

We had an old coon that lived in an old maple tree, came out ever spring, and headed to the land reserve.
Each spring we'd seem to have a young little coons around the house.
After a few years of Max getting upset they seem to have got the message of it's better to live in the bush than the yard.
Then when one gets too old in the wilds you get to provide for others, just part of the cycle.
DSCN1332.JPG

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, and every kid back in the 50;s wanted one, thanks to the Davey Crockett Show. I had one, but the hair started falling out, so my mother threw it away.
Maybe you should get a FEW MORE !!! :) LOL

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry you had to go through that twice Gare.
Coons have a place in this world, but not in the barns.
Nothing reeks more is the waste from a coon.
Can cause problems with health.
Coons will take out a chicken coop.
To live trap and to release in another area isn't a great choice. Raccoons are territorial and it never ends well for the released or the one already there.

We had an old coon that lived in an old maple tree, came out ever spring, and headed to the land reserve.
Each spring we'd seem to have a young little coons around the house.
After a few years of Max getting upset they seem to have got the message of it's better to live in the bush than the yard.
Then when one gets too old in the wilds you get to provide for others, just part of the cycle. View attachment 2085646
Thanks pepper for your thoughts . It just hurts to care about something then lose it like we did

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was certainly not trying to offend anyone, so I don't see any reason to get upset or try to get me in trouble.

I didn't report your post, so wasn't trying to get you in trouble. But comments regarding sex, politics and religion will always stir the pot. Always best to keep those opinions to yourself.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We raise chickens. Last year we were over run with raccoon. There is no evidence as to what happened to them.
NOT all Raccoons are bad 1 There maybe one or two that are ok !

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, this morning I went out to feed my four, two month old peeps. An animal get into the coop over night and killed and ate them. It could have been a coon or possum. Which ever it was, when I catch it, it will be dead too.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I’m over run by ‘coon here in MI right now. I should’ve known when I saw six at a time on the trail cam out back last fall, I’m paying the price now. They ripped into the coop other night and killed 3 of my 4 hens, left two without eating them. They’ve been into my fenced raised bed garden and looks like small bombs have gone off. I‘m not messing around and have taken 3 in two nights out of 2 brand-new 220 Conibears. No mess, no fuss, although I also took one ‘possum which have never really bothered the hens except for a couple egg-suckers. Simple bucket set on its side with Conibear blocking entrance, 1/4 sandwich bag with stale popcorn and spoonful of wet cat food. DO NOT set these traps if you have dogs or cats, or other small animals that could get caught as Conibears are unforgiving devices. My uncle catches 50-60 a year on his property so I hope I’m not dealing in those numbers.

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
About 10 years ago we had a verysmall kitten show up at our barn. Every time we went there it would scream for food. It was so cute :) One evening i went back to the barn walked in and there was a raccoon setting there EATING screamer. It did not take long for me to put an end to it 111 Raccoons Poop and Pee all over my hay which can cause VERY serious and deadly health issues for my horses. 2 weeks ago a new screamer showed up at my barn. It was black with a white belly and 4 white feet. It was always there screaming at us for food. when my wife fed last evening t=she told me no kitten :( We went back and looked through my whole barn for it. My wife found a leg that looked like the kittens and a little bit of fur of it;s . I put a live trap out last evening. Today when i checked the trap there is a live coon in it !!
We have a Great Pyrenees that is very protective but gentle with the kids.

LandSeig

May 16, 2020
Southeast Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, NEL Storm coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Ohio it is illegal to live trap a raccoon and release it some place else !!
.22 is fairly cheap around here. Between the hawks eating my chickens, the opossums and snakes eating my eggs, and the crows eating my blueberries I’m about fed up with pests. I finally had a decent blueberry crop on my three little bushes and my wife wanted to wait until the kids could pick them. Well the next day she went out with them and the bushes were stripped…dumb crows.

LandSeig

May 16, 2020
Southeast Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, NEL Storm coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was certainly not trying to offend anyone, so I don't see any reason to get upset or try to get me in trouble. I stated my view of things in a polite way, nothing more and nothing less. I explained to the man the way I see living in and with nature. In fact, I don't think I said anything inflammatory or rude, so just blink your eyes as you read my post if you don't like that part. It was harmless.
Don’t apologize, belief and acknowledgment of God doesn’t have anything to do with religion. If someone has a problem with the facts of life that’s their problem not yours.

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Don’t apologize, belief and acknowledgment of God doesn’t have anything to do with religion. If someone has a problem with the facts of life that’s their problem not yours.
Not to stir the pot. but this is precisely why it is against the rules to post religious beliefs .. or lack there of .. on the forum.

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.22 is fairly cheap around here. Between the hawks eating my chickens, the opossums and snakes eating my eggs, and the crows eating my blueberries I’m about fed up with pests. I finally had a decent blueberry crop on my three little bushes and my wife wanted to wait until the kids could pick them. Well the next day she went out with them and the bushes were stripped…dumb crows.
you mean smart crows.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread