I have been to Storage locker sales near me

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stopped going because they would only have one lock on the door. and they would open that with a key. In other words i think they have already gone through the lockers. i was going to bid on one locker that had a hard gun case. one of the workers there told me the gun case was empty AND SAVE MY MONEY.
Anyone else experienced this ?
Never been to one....not even sure if they have them around here. Glad you ran into an honest worker.

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya know…everybody wants to make a buck “within the limits of the law”. So if it’s not illegal for the people putting on the sale to go through them first, you’ll never get anything good. It’s like the people who will send you 5 pounds of ”pay dirt”. Really? Maybe there was a time at which lockers were sold sight unseen…but those days are probably long gone. People have figured out a way to scarf EVERY penny from your pocket, within the confines of the “law”. Kinda like our government.

metrotec

Jan 5, 2020
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites, Radio Shack, Metrotec, peach tree fork
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have bought a lot of storage units. Times changed when Covid hit. No crowds allowed.
Now you can buy lockers , BUT on line.. BS.. most of the stuff has been gone through/cherry picked.
NO THANKS! If they are going to show you pics of what's inside, you can bet they have gone through and the good stuff is G O N E.
If they have a key to the lock, it was one They put on the door.
Don't waste your time unless you are there when the lock is cut.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have bought a lot of storage units. Times changed when Covid hit. No crowds allowed.
Now you can buy lockers , BUT on line.. BS.. most of the stuff has been gone through/cherry picked.
NO THANKS! If they are going to show you pics of what's inside, you can bet they have gone through and the good stuff is G O N E.
If they have a key to the lock, it was one They put on the door.
Don't waste your time unless you are there when the lock is cut.
My hole purpose in my posting is to let people know most are now gone through before being sold. This is not a sure deaL BUT IF THERE IS ONLY one lock is a dead give away it has been searched before

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
A former co-worker of mine owned a storage place with his family and they definitely went through the lockers before auctioning them off. Then again, this was before the whole "Storage Wars" craze started.

bartholomewroberts

Feb 23, 2011
Cedar, B.C.
Detector(s) used
excal2, XP Deus, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not certain how it works exactly in your area, Gary... but up here in Canuckistan, it is illegal to have the owners go through the locker.. reason being that the owner has until the auction to pay off their debts.. If they go into the unit and find out it has been gone through, the company is open to a huge lawsuit

I have never tried bidding n a unit, although it does intrigue me.

Micheal

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not certain how it works exactly in your area, Gary... but up here in Canuckistan, it is illegal to have the owners go through the locker.. reason being that the owner has until the auction to pay off their debts.. If they go into the unit and find out it has been gone through, the company is open to a huge lawsuit

I have never tried bidding n a unit, although it does intrigue me.

Micheal
Michael when i said Owners I was referring to the people that owned the storage company. Down here it is usually 30 to 90 days the renters have to pay the back rent on the lockers. The storage company can set auction days anytime after the rental late payment date. I seen one down here advertised 41 units up for bid. I can not believe 41 people all failed to pay on the same day. Up in Cannuckstand how many lockers have you seen advertised for sale ?

bartholomewroberts

Feb 23, 2011
Cedar, B.C.
Detector(s) used
excal2, XP Deus, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Michael when i said Owners I was referring to the people that owned the storage company. Down here it is usually 30 to 90 days the renters have to pay the back rent on the lockers. The storage company can set auction days anytime after the rental late payment date. I seen one down here advertised 41 units up for bid. I can not believe 41 people all failed to pay on the same day. Up in Cannuckstand how many lockers have you seen advertised for sale ?
I am certain that there are some for sale....but since I really have no interest, I can say I have not seen any..:laughing7:

When I was in Edgewood, we were too far away from any place that had storage facilities.... and where I am now, the population is sufficiently small to negate that as well. B.C. is a large province and with a few exceptions [Vancouver, Victoria, etc] most folks have enough room to store their items

Micheal

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread