I have permission...might need a partner on this

MichiganRob

Jan 17, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Hi guys

I have recieved permission to hunt this site. I want to do it next week. On a weekday between 8 am and 3:30 pm as I have to be at work at 5. The story is that their father was mentally unstable and that he buried his money on the back 40. They also claim that he loaded up a safe and dumped it in the back marshy area. He died without revealing the location and none of the money has ever been found. I have just purchased a DFX with a dx1 probe and I am not an expert with this machine yet and I also am not a cache hunting expert either. I think I need an "experienced" treasure hunter to help with this project...and the company would be nice too.

I have not as yet worked out a contract with the landowner. If you are an "experienced" West Michigan treasure Hunter and would be interested in splitting this project with me, let me hear from you!

HH
MichiganRob

Attachments

• hunt.jpg
    hunt.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 397

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have almost 3 years of serious experience, you might not want to do this one without me....lol. jk of course, but good luck with that, hope you strike it like that fella on the banner!

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its not experience you need.. a lot of it is Luck...But there is a few ways to detrmine if your close though. I carry home owner contracts with me for now on since a few people were worried about me finding things or a liabilty issue.. I would be intrested in joining you i have a drive but for me its worth it.. Im on disability so i am able to do a lot of hunting, i been going the few days, I already got my first gold of the season

kept1979

May 3, 2005
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I would consider helping you out since I live here in West Michigan. Let me know if you would like me to join your hunt.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you don't say when in the west side of MI it is at. I would have to be at work by 3:00 p.m. on a week day. Plus you say he dump it in the marsh is there water there and would you need water detectors. I have both land and water....Matt

OP
OP
MichiganRob

MichiganRob

Jan 17, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
I will have more information by Monday evening guys.  I have looked at the property and I believe the marshy area is dry at this time.  Stay tuned.

Oh and the grass has been removed in the front and back yards of the home as they are doing an addition and re-landscaping. Gotta find out where they dumped the sod.

HH
MichiganRob

dutchroots

Aug 25, 2007
Sure, pick the week that I DO have work. But I still might be able to help out. Don't know where you're at but I'm in Zeeland. I'll keep watching this thread. Whoever ends up going, best of luck to you!

xdanthemanx

Oct 25, 2007
clarkston michigan
Detector(s) used
E-trac & XLT
a lot of guys are going to tell you you need a 2 box , all you need is someone with a 12 or 15 " coil, quite capable of finding a safe or even smaller cache 3 feet deep, a small safe even would show up several feet deep even using your dfx.
It doesnt matter where they say the stuff was buried, remeber if they knew were it was buried they would have found it,
start in one corner of the property and start mowing the grass section by section, myself and ian are heading out on a cache hunt here in the next week or two, we have a few of these we are working on so we dont have time to help, but if you need any advice on how to best go about it drop me a line and if you keep striking out maybe sometime we will get freed up to come out and give you a hand. we are going searching for a large quantity of 20 dollar gold pieces, we most likely wouldnt admit to finding it but there may be a pic of a one gold coin beeing posted soon who knows...

good luck

DTM

tmghunt

Apr 17, 2009
I just got my first detector today, a cheap little thing from the sporting goods store. I would love to be able to help, I'm just looking to be able to use it. What a great experience it would be. Let me know if you wouldn't mind me tagging along with you and the lucky bum who gets the spot.

Thanks

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Heck, I'm smackin' my lips just reading this post!
I'd love to "join" ya...but no can do on a weekday, in ratings till end of June :(

I wish ya well!

HH

utah hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Utah county, Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-terra 70, Fisher F75, eyes, brain
I am no where near Michigan, but it looks cool. A few things that interest me though are what are you expecting to find? Did the dad have money? If so was it coins, bills, etc? Was he wealthy or is it assumed he amassed a small fortune to hide?

Worst case it is a nice place to detect, but without a good answer to most of those questions, I wouldn't spend a whole lot of time looking for the biggie.

I have spent my share of chasing treasures before I started asking the simple questions, hopefully there is more you aren't sharing beyond family members speculation that gives you a little more confidence that there really is something to be found. Good luck...Ryan

OP
OP
MichiganRob

MichiganRob

Jan 17, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
utah hunter said:
I am no where near Michigan, but it looks cool. A few things that interest me though are what are you expecting to find? Did the dad have money? If so was it coins, bills, etc? Was he wealthy or is it assumed he amassed a small fortune to hide?

Worst case it is a nice place to detect, but without a good answer to most of those questions, I wouldn't spend a whole lot of time looking for the biggie.

I have spent my share of chasing treasures before I started asking the simple questions, hopefully there is more you aren't sharing beyond family members speculation that gives you a little more confidence that there really is something to be found. Good luck...Ryan

I hear you Utah, who can ever say, they think there is considerable money but I don't know and maybe they don't know, but it is intriguing and it is a treasure hunt and so I'm in...know what I mean. Any ways if we hunt the property and come up with a few dropped coins or a pocket spill or even a small cache I will consider it a success and move on to the next great hunt.

Thanx
HH
MichiganRob

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Rob,

Where in MI are you? PM if you like.

Mike

OP
OP
MichiganRob

MichiganRob

Jan 17, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Well me and TonyT searched this site for about 6 hours on Thursday and we didn't find a darn thing. Lots of trash 1 Nickle and 1 Penny...I'm so disappointed, 23 acres, nada :-[

HH
MichiganRob

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Go get a topo map of the farm you're hunting, many times you can get them by year. Look in the area you are hunting, if there ever was a marsh there, it will show you. Be very quiet if you find the BIG one, even family members can turn very hostile and take ya to court and sue for the cache. It's strange what treasures can do to people, sign a contract before looking, have it notorized! HH......NGE

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread