Jun 24, 2015
Lincolnshire
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE250
C-Scope CS2MX
Home made Magnum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too was initially undecided on what Probe to buy! I opted for the NOKTA. Mainly based on NOKTA detectors being very High quality/Price, and thought their Pin pointer must be of excellent quality & performance too!

I find the unit Very well built, Solid and fit for purpose. Has Gold plated sections and extra covers Etc. Having used this with my ACE250. I have been able to locate Targets precisely, saving loads of time, leaving less digging and Ground disturbance!

Why all the "Moaning" about different models. (If you have a Pin pointer that works, you are on a "Winner" anyway!) If I was going to make Criticisms, I totally agree the Piezo-Sounder and control buttons are exposed to the elements. However, I found covering the Controls & Sounder with Cling-Film works exceptionally well in this regard "Protecting all the top area" (Sealed, by adding elastic bands) If you leave the Clingfilm "Loose" over the buttons, you only loose slightly on Volume!

On another note: I dropped mine on a Concrete floor and thought, I have most likely broke it! No "Still" works perfectly, and after dropping it down a long Stone staircase thought, I had better protect it! (You do get a Holster to have mounted on your waist, for this purpose) I personally find that gets in the way, so have since been using a Cable-Tie to cover the Clingfilm and have an elastic cord terminated to the Tie, and at just above Knee height, works perfect for me! (Give it a go!)

One peculiar thing found was: If tuning "ON" the probe in close proximity to "Any" Metal object will Null the Probe, resulting in "No-Detection" until turned Off again and switched "ON" void of any Metallic objects/ Noise sources, then it operates to "Perfection" (Maybe this was the problem other postings mention about, Not working properly!)

As you can see I have given my Honest opinions and please believe me, if you require a High quality and reliable Probe "Tough-as a TONKY toy" look no further!

If you have any questions or comments, please feel Free Reply! (I, hope the information given helps someone!)

Kind regards & Best finds,

Steve

Riches in Michigan

Sep 10, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Lincolnshire -

Thanks for the write up.
I like my Nokta too!

Have you used yours in the water yet?

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually just won one of there pinpointers. Have not used it yet though. IMG_20161018_135032.jpg

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree if you have a pin pointer that works for you, you are a winner. :icon_thumright: many brands out there, some with more options than others.

OP
OP
L
Jun 24, 2015
Lincolnshire
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE250
C-Scope CS2MX
Home made Magnum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have tried it in "wet sand" but had to reduce the sensitivity to about 5 factory set! (I haven`t tried underwater but would like to know how it works Submerged!)
When on the Beach, My GARRETT ACE250 played up "Big-Time" even trying to GEB (Modified) had little effect, However I only intend using "Both" inland from now on!

The Nokta still performs perfectly and without it, I probably would have put my detector in the Attic! (So, unless you have a very good Detector with "Accurate" Pin-pointing, these are "Essential". Only wish they were available back then in the 80`s!)

Kind regards & Best finds,

Steve

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Replying to the battery contact issue and other comments.
Snug-up the battery cap, real snug, but not super tight, should be the ticket,
for waterproofness and operation.
My Nokta pointer has performed very well,
and the sensitivity controls on the end of the probe is a great idea,
as my digs in parks are usually less than 8" deep, and small diameter,
where my hand isn't in the hole with the probe.
Battery life seems extended when I just use the sound only mode.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread