I LOVE MY NEW MINELAB!!!!!! BARBER DIMES!!!!!!!

tommyboy72

Aug 7, 2008
Benton,IL.62812
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites Prizm IV & Garrett Pro-Pointer
Hello, everyone!! today was my third time out with my New Explorer SE and let me tell you it just keeps getting better!!! I am getting it figured out and to day I found 6 wheat pennies the oldest being a 1916 1918D 1919 the other three were 2-1942 plain, and a 1952d
I didn't scan the wheaties, just the token and the two Barber dimes, one is a 1906 plain and the other is a 1907 plain. the token is from the Rend City Coal Mine Company store and is the second one like it I have found in this yard, the house was built in 1905 and is one of the few original houses left in Rend City,IL.

Both Barber dimes were in the back yard about 20 feet apart in a straight line from each other (I'm guessing clothesline?) they were both a solid 8-9 inches down!!! they were laying flat.

I went over the areas where I found these dimes with my White's Prizm IV last fall and did not get a peep from it( the reason is all the old iron in the yard) the prizm couldn't separate the signal and discriminate out the iron like this Minelab can!!! anyway, just my thoughts for the day, if it doesn't rain tomorrow I might go out hunting some more.

Attachments

• ScannedImage-2.jpg
    ScannedImage-2.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 1,214
Upvote 0

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like the new machine is already paying for itself. Any chance of getting a peek at the other side of the coins and token?

OP
OP
tommyboy72

tommyboy72

Aug 7, 2008
Benton,IL.62812
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites Prizm IV & Garrett Pro-Pointer
Hi, here is a scan of the reverse side. I usually just scan the front of any coins I post. I put these in flips after I scanned them earlier ( I put them in flips and then they go into my "bragging book")

Attachments

• ScannedImage-3.jpg
    ScannedImage-3.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 1,175

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful coins and nice token great digs CONGRATS on the new MACHINE thanks for showing the other sides. :thumbsup:

islandchips

Apr 8, 2006
Oahu, Hawaii
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800,Excal2, Barracuda,White's Dual Field
Aloha nice coins. You may want to get some pliers and flatten out the bumps on the staples. That way they won't scratch each other and they will fit better in your coin album.
HH, Paul

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: MINELAB rock. MR TUFF

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
Nice Dimes those are beautiful and congrats to another Minelab user and Illinois minelab user.

Looks like you got a slot token there. I found one last summer and learned about it. Ones that have a number on the reverse like that typically came from old slot machines (sometimes the # = the machine it came from). Giving tokens in winnings was a way of circumventing early gambling laws.

Cal_Cobra

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2008
Northern California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800 & Makro Multi Kruzer, the rest are collecting dust...
Any day you dig a Barber is a good day IMHO, and two + a token makes it a great day, congrats :headbang:

hh,
Brian

Imnengr

Oct 31, 2009
Chicago Area
Detector(s) used
E-trac, X-terra 705, ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tommyboy, those are sharp dimes. :icon_thumleft: Congrats to a fellow Illinoisan! I see that you are in southern Illinois...we are still frozen up here in Chicagoland. Are you finding softer ground or chipping these out? I'm still waiting to give my new Minelab 705 a serious run...I can't wait for the slightest thaw to see if I also find more good stuff.

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome finds, you can never go wrong when you buy a minelab!

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. Sure wish it would thaw out up here so I could get out.....Matt

mismi

Feb 10, 2010
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac & White`s BeachHunter 300 ID
Very Nice! The 1907 Barber looks like new. These Minelab finds are confirming my choice in the detector I will settle on.

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
You will get to love it even more once you start finding the jewelry and the key date coins! The Explorer SE is awesome! :thumbsup:

artzstuff1

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2008
Wayne Co. IL. "POND CREEK"
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)
Detectingfreak said:
You will get to love it even more once you start finding the jewelry and the key date coins! The Explorer SE is awesome! :thumbsup:

I am gonna get me one of dem dare tectors wit a T.V. screen on it,,,maybe I will find me some of dose key dates!!!!

ringsandthings

Greenie
Feb 10, 2010
Brookings, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Anytime you find 2 they HAVE to be in a straight line. It is when you find the third one that you can confirm the straight line. If you find 2 that are not in a straight line, you win!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions