I made an assumption

BH505Man

Nov 18, 2013
Granite Falls, WA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, 6",11" coils, Teknetics T2SE,&T2 Classic, 5", CORS Fortune 5.5x9.5", 11", CORS Strike 12x13", 15"coils, Legacy 3500, 4", 8",10" & 11"DD coils, Lesche digging Knife, Lesche T Handle Shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had assumed that because I recently bought a new Equinox 800, that it had the 3.0 software update that added the 4Mhz frequency to it. Just out of curiosity I toggled through the frequencies and discovered that was not the case. So I went to the Minelab site that had the update and followed the online instructions...connected the magnetic usb charging cord to the computer usb port, and to the detector and turned on the Equinox 800 then downloaded the 3.0 software. The update went smoothly. So now I have the 4Mhz (3.7Mhz) on my 800.
Goes to show that we can't assume anything...even if you bought a new detector doesn't mean that it has the latest software updates on it. BTW some of the literature on the Equinox 800 says that it has the 4Mhz frequency on it... so don't believe everything that you read, check it out for yourself!!!

Last edited:

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always check for updates when you acquire an electronic device. Very few will have the latest updates already installed. They may have been in stock for months or longer.

OP
OP
B

BH505Man

Nov 18, 2013
Granite Falls, WA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, 6",11" coils, Teknetics T2SE,&T2 Classic, 5", CORS Fortune 5.5x9.5", 11", CORS Strike 12x13", 15"coils, Legacy 3500, 4", 8",10" & 11"DD coils, Lesche digging Knife, Lesche T Handle Shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always check for updates when you acquire an electronic device. Very few will have the latest updates already installed. They may have been in stock for months or longer.

You are so right about that!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions