I need your help ...

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
My stepdaughter is having a very hard time dealing with Complex PTSD and after an attempted suicide she is now in the hospital in the psych ward.
She has already been there for 3 weeks, and will be there for at least 30 more days. They are very strict as to what they can have.. no plastic bags, nothing with strings or ribbons, nothing that they could harm themself with, no source of audio entertainment, no pens or pencils, no cell phones, no video games ...... Other than books, snacks, and a deck of cards, I am at a loss as to what I can take her to keep her mind occupied and help her make it through the next 30 days. I am the only person allowed to visit and try to get up there every other day if she is up to it. I, too, am struggling with this. Any ideas on anything I could take her? She is 29 years old.

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of all, my heart goes out to you and yours. Mental health issues can be even more of a challenge than even the worst physical health issues. Only those who have been in those shoes can truly understand that.........Activity books that adults would enjoy if bedridden, crossword, word search, sudoko.

OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
First of all, my heart goes out to you and yours. Mental health issues can be even more of a challenge than even the worst physical health issues. Only those who have been in those shoes can truly understand that.........Activity books that adults would enjoy if bedridden, crossword, word search, sudoko.
Thank you very much, villagenut. I appreciate that.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My stepdaughter is having a very hard time dealing with Complex PTSD and after an attempted suicide she is now in the hospital in the psych ward.
She has already been there for 3 weeks, and will be there for at least 30 more days. They are very strict as to what they can have.. no plastic bags, nothing with strings or ribbons, nothing that they could harm themself with, no source of audio entertainment, no pens or pencils, no cell phones, no video games ...... Other than books, snacks, and a deck of cards, I am at a loss as to what I can take her to keep her mind occupied and help her make it through the next 30 days. I am the only person allowed to visit and try to get up there every other day if she is up to it. I, too, am struggling with this. Any ideas on anything I could take her? She is 29 years old.
They don,t give you much to go on do they? Does she have any interest in birds? If she could have a pair of binoculars with the strap removed and a bird Identification book,she might become interested in the birds she could see around the place.That,s assuming she has a window to look out of.That,s all I,ve got at the moment,I,ll think on it. I feel for you both man,sincerely!

OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
They don,t give you much to go on do they? Does she have any interest in birds? If she could have a pair of binoculars with the strap removed and a bird Identification book,she might become interested in the birds she could see around the place.That,s assuming she has a window to look out of.That,s all I,ve got at the moment,I,ll think on it. I feel for you both man,sincerely!

Thank you.. yeah things are limited. I will have to check with people in the ward to see if she can have a small pair of binoculars. That's a good idea.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you.. yeah things are limited. I will have to check with people in the ward to see if she can have a small pair of binoculars. That's a good idea.
I don't think they will allow binoculars. For the fact that they can be taken apart and the glass in the lenses or the prism's could be used for cutting, also the metal around the lenses. Sorry to hear you are having to deal with this, I hope all ends well and she can learn ways to deal with this, I have a friend that came back from the military and deals with PTSD but is learning to live with it.

uhfradarwill

Mar 20, 2022
Barre, MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab:
Sovereign GT
Equinox

Tesoro:
Comparde
I lost my 19 year old Son to a bullying event. I know our situations are far apart, but I would say that her knowing you are there for her no matter what goes a very long way!!
Wishing well for the two of you.....

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Creskol how about a Rubik's Cube and a book on how to solve it ?

m aybe you could get 2 of them and work on it with her /
My thoughts and prayers are with you . GOOD LUCK BUDDY !!

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Creskol, I'm so sorry to hear your stepdaughter going through this
knowing you and the family are there for her, will help more than you know
I did a search,good books and games for mental health patients
and got this site,maybe one of these books would help
and encourage her to exercise

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Creskol you could tell her she needs to do the cube (SOLVE IT) before she can get out. It might give her a bit more incentive to get out. and take her mind off of other things. You could get two and do them with her :) Is there anything we can do or send to help her ? maybe like mail cards to you tol deliver ?

U.B.

Apr 27, 2015
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely some good suggestions offered. I’ve been where you’re at. It’s a tough row to hoe. I believe God knows about, and cares for, your stepdaughter. I’ll be praying for her.

OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Definitely some good suggestions offered. I’ve been where you’re at. It’s a tough row to hoe. I believe God knows about, and cares for, your stepdaughter. I’ll be praying for her.
Yes.. Lots of GREAT suggestions. I am visiting with her today and plan on taking all these suggestions to review with the charge nurse to see which they will allow and which they won't.

THANKS EVERYBODY!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes.. Lots of GREAT suggestions. I am visiting with her today and plan on taking all these suggestions to review with the charge nurse to see which they will allow and which they won't.

THANKS EVERYBODY!
Creskol :PLEASE keep us posted . Tell here we are pulling for her 111Is there anything else we can do ?

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know. I would ask the people who run the place this question. I mean, they should have a little insight. Have you asked your daughter? (Then figure out if it fits the restrictions.) I don't know the whole situation, but on what you've told us, we should be able to look in the dictionary for definition of 'Dad', and your pic would be next to that. I hope things get better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread