Other
Screen Shot 2022-06-08 at 9.33.29 PM.jpg

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I,m prone to Staph infections so when a spot appeared on my hip I thought that,s what it was. Doctor said it was a Brown Recluse bite. He gave me an antibiotic and a med used to treat Leprosy. It never got as bad as your,s appears and didn,t rot out as they often do.if you haven,t been to your doc you might consider it and see what he thinks.Just a thought,maybe save you some misery. Hope it gets better soon.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I got bit by the Brown recluse spider many years ago.
Red inflamed by morning, that evening went to the clinic, my Dr. said spider bite, monitor it, if it gets worse go to emergency.
Next day the red went up to the knee from mid outside calf sock line, it was red down under the foot and half way up the inner calf.
So I called emergency, 4 hr wait, bought paper/bag of Skittles for entertainment.
Did the pre-check in, showed bite area, was told to go to waiting area.
Yup 4-6hr line up, all sorts, bleeding, bandaged, wheel chair types.
Sat down, 2 Skittles in, opened the paper, name called.
Into a room-Dr. came in-left-another Dr. came in looked left-3 Drs came in-looked-yup it's spider bite.
The first 2 thought it was a case of the flesh eating disease.
Antibiotics for 10 days, and a scar for life.
1-little spider with an attitude.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While Ticks are arachnids like spiders I'm like Airborne1092 in my reaction to the little buggers. I see spider I think "hey cool looking spider" I see tick I'm in full heebie jeebie mode! Kill them blood suckers!!!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My dad had an indentation the size of an American nickel in his calf from a spider bite. As said above, don’t take any unnecessary chances!

Ladybuggz

Greenie
Nov 17, 2015
Vancouver Island,
Detector(s) used
Eye-Balls
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yuck. A black spider ran up my arm, then down my leg, I don't taste too good so it didn't bite me. That was last night. May it RIP.
Spiders are good insect killers and very beneficial, especially the little jumping spiders, they can be pets and they like people. Spiders usually don't bother people or bite unless they are provoked. Please don't kill them.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spiders are good insect killers and very beneficial, especially the little jumping spiders, they can be pets and they like people. Spiders usually don't bother people or bite unless they are provoked. Please don't kill them.
I like jumping spiders and what we call vagabond spiders,they climb trees and spin a parachute that catches the wind and carries them to parts unknown.The jumpers are comical,never kill them.

OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
I like spiders, too, but the one that bit me met its demise in such a fashion that it was unrecognizable.

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I slept on the floor of a cheap Daytona Beach hotel back when I was young & we were all crammed into a room to save $$. Spider bit my upper lip & for days it swelled & hung down over my bottom lip. No girls on that trip!!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was in Iowa last week and this guy was in my motel room. I grabbed a little water cup and captured it by sliding the do not disturb hanger to cover it and took it outside. It was the size of a silver dollar.

Attachments

• 20220605_170306.jpg
    20220605_170306.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread