Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Guys I swear I am trying to do my own research but I did find the words Illinois on the top with the circle in square there is no I in the middle and the two letters in words on each side I cannot find it on images at all. I have ADHD so I’m not good at reading long articles so I rely on pictures of blood from the little that I have read it doesn’t mention the bottom please help me curiosity just kills me

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 83
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 58
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 55
  • A54A718E-00CB-4136-AEB3-E574496FCD10.jpeg
    A54A718E-00CB-4136-AEB3-E574496FCD10.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 59

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No worries.

Although I can’t see the expected letter ‘I’ in the centre of the mark (maybe that’s a moulding defect?), that still looks a post-1929 bottle from the Owens-Illinois Glass Company. Usually, the digit at the left is the plant number and, if that’s a ‘1’, then it’s likely from their plant in Toledo, Ohio which was in operation from 1930-1950.

The digits to the right should be a date code. I can’t read them very well, but looks like ‘42’ with a small ‘4’ from what I can tell. Although there are variations in the way they used their coding systems, the date would then likely be 1942 if it is from Owens-Illinois.

Upvote 5
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No worries.

Although I can’t see the expected letter ‘I’ in the centre of the mark (maybe that’s a moulding defect?), that still looks a post-1929 bottle from the Owens-Illinois Glass Company. Usually, the digit at the left is the plant number and, if that’s a ‘1’, then it’s likely from their plant in Toledo, Ohio which was in operation from 1930-1950.

The digits to the right should be a date code. I can’t read them very well, but looks like ‘42’ with a small ‘4’ from what I can tell. Although there are variations in the way they used their coding systems, the date would then likely be 1942 if it is from Owens-Illinois.
That’s why I love you bro

Upvote 4
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got a head cold it’s like getting wet cold in the morning warms up and gets cold again and everybody out here is still wearing short sleeve shorts and flip-flops that’s why we all get sick out here

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions