I Tried The Beach Update Today on Long Island!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats great if your cool with them selling a machine that would not work properly out of the box
How many updates, flooded machines, and broken coil ears for that "other" machine?:laughing7::headbang::skullflag:

Peterw

Aug 9, 2015
Blairsville Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Makro/Nokta is just a great company. Without a doubt the only one I’ve seen ever that actually had a living breathing open channel of communication with the buyer..Dilek.. That in itself speaks volumes..
I have the Legend also,and In My western Pennsylvania dirt it runs great .im running the 1.05 but I don’t beach hunt so I don’t wanna mess with it,runs good now..

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thats great if your cool with them selling a machine that would not work properly out of the box
are you basing your assessment on what you seen from actual use by yourself, or by Videos you watched from people that did not set it up properly or most likely never even read the manual

personally from my actual use of the legend it was good out of the box, with the new updates that have been given to us already it is becoming a great detector, if you have never had a Legend in your hand to even give an actual assessment of it then what are you basing your statement on, if however you have had one then it becomes a whole different ball game and please feel free to give us your thoughts on why you made the statement you made

Do you realize it took Mine Lab 5 updates before the Equinox finally became the detector everyone wanted so based on your statement Mine Lab released a detector that was not ready either
XP released the Deus 2 and I have no clue how many updates has been released for it so by your own statement XP released a detector that was not ready either
or are you just here to bash Nokta/Macro and the Legend (and yes I am calling you out toasted) give us facts for your statement.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Back around 2004 Tesoro actually ran their own forum from their company website. It was great, a lot of users from all over the world were able to talk to each other, compare notes and build friendships. There was only one Tesoro employee that was on the forum a lot, and the higher-ups in the company never logged on. You'd think that for all that access that Tesoro and the customers had to each other, the company would've used that input to make the company better,.......... nope!
Whites was only a little better. About 10 years ago we were complaining a lot that Whites needed to release another coil for the GMT. And, since they happen to already (at the time), make a 6" concentric (that they only sold in Africa) we asked Whites through the forum if they could please make it available in North America. They actually listened and made it available. I was totally shocked.
Now we have Nokta/Makro that uses customers' input before, during, and after the process to make and bring new detectors to market. This is exactly what we've always wanted in a detector company. Also, during the live streams before the release of the updates, the company actually takes LIVE questions to improve future updates! The users are their lifeblood, and Nokta/Makro is bringing individual users into the process separately from the Nomads. Nomads are just field testers.
For customers, this is a great time. If we identify a software problem or a needed change, Nokta/Makro can fix it very quickly, and they're doing it. People are taking this firmware update ability for granted, it used to be what you bought is what you had until you bought a new one.

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do own a Legend. It was terrible at the beach out of the box and it has other issues as well apparently though I did not notice anything else wrong myself

Ive only updated my Equinox 600 twice and that was to get the reduced backlight brightness. I would have never updated had it not been for that. Dont even use the 4khz or F2 settings from these updates. Im not aware of any other updates. Ive had mine since they first came out. Never flooded or broken coil ears but I did replace the flimsy shaft early on.

Nokta Makro will likely get the Legend figured out eventually but releasing a detector prematurely and now releasing updates prematurely is enough for me to move on. It seemed to perform fine for me on land hunts and I even found things Ive missed with my Deus 1 and Equinox as well as many other detectors. I like to try as many detectors as I can but everyones gonna have their favorites

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Seriously what has a woman in a dress walking in the sand have to do with a detecting video?
I guess you have to use something to try to sell it.
Lost my interest if that's a sales pitch.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Seriously what has a woman in a dress walking in the sand have to do with a detecting video?
I guess you have to use something to try to sell it.
Lost my interest if that's a sales pitch.
Probably nothing. Probably just like the other beach footage at the end, filler, so I could give my wrap up and feelings about my beach experience. If you would rather look at my face while I talk Pepper, I'll make a special edition and email it to you. I love you that much! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do own a Legend. It was terrible at the beach out of the box and it has other issues as well apparently though I did not notice anything else wrong myself

Ive only updated my Equinox 600 twice and that was to get the reduced backlight brightness. I would have never updated had it not been for that. Dont even use the 4khz or F2 settings from these updates. Im not aware of any other updates. Ive had mine since they first came out. Never flooded or broken coil ears but I did replace the flimsy shaft early on.

Nokta Makro will likely get the Legend figured out eventually but releasing a detector prematurely and now releasing updates prematurely is enough for me to move on. It seemed to perform fine for me on land hunts and I even found things Ive missed with my Deus 1 and Equinox as well as many other detectors. I like to try as many detectors as I can but everyones gonna have their favorites
Yes, it was terrible at the beach out of the box! I made a video on it. My Equinox 600 flooded the second time out, then the coil ears snapped when the replacement came in. How much did it cost to replace the wobbly shaft? On land, the Legend is just as deep and sensitive as my Equinox was, maybe deeper (stock coil to stock coil). I updated the Legend with .05 and .06, and have no problems. The machine was quiet and stable in the wet sand and saltwater. Everyone has a favorite. I have a feeling the Legend is going to develop a huge following.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Probably nothing. Probably just like the other beach footage at the end, filler, so I could give my wrap up and feelings about my beach experience. If you would rather look at my face while I talk Pepper, I'll make a special edition and email it to you. I love you that much! :occasion14:
Just to give you feedback Terry, if it was a filler, it fell.
Let me say this that I was watching your video, the Mrs looked over and asked me what that had to do with detecting.
I had to agree I had no idea.
Her reply: Screw them if they have to use that to sell their $hit.
Honest opinion and point of view.
Just being honest
Thanks for your reply.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think I would like your wife brother. Please tell her I apologize!!

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think I would like your wife brother. Please tell her I apologize!!
Terry just keep doing videos the way you do straight and to the point and honest

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

I cannot comment on the beach as we have no beaches in Arizona, but detecting on ground I detect it works great and each update has made it a little better there are a few things I am seeing in the Legend after I updated to the 1.06 that I discovered just today that I am not liking, found those thanks to Calabash Digger and all I will say the issues will need to be fixed.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Think I'll hold off a week on the .07 update. Not having the problems encountered by many.

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Recently went from 1.05 to 1.07. In 2 trips to the treasure coast beaches it has been noticeably quieter and I was able to increase sensitivity level. Working great still. Picking up can bits at 15" easily, LOL. BTW, grandson liked detecting with the old guy so much he bought a Simplex. Also a deep seeker. Having urged my grandson to join me has more than paid for my Legend. We have a lot of fun.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions