I warned em I was gonna do it! Now Im in Florida........

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I warned 'em I was gonna do it! Now I'm in Florida........

Well, I'm back after a few months away from the Forum. I finally decided to take early retirement from my cop job and move to Florida. I think it's a law somewhere that if you live North of Arkansas you have to move to FL when you retire......

Anyway, I married my college sweetheart, who lives in Leon County FL, and whom, until early in 2007, I hadn't seen for 20 years. Then packed up all my crap (LOADS of it) and moved on down! She has a nicer house than the one I have in MO anyway...... ;D

So anyone in the Tallahassee area who swings an MD, send me a PM if you want to go out and TH.

I'm also looking for a guide to take me ATV'ing in Apalachicola NF................... or anywhere else locally for that matter!!

It's good to be back here on Treasure Net..... I missed (most) of you guys...... hahaha

Kellyco

Oct 10, 2007
Winter Springs, Florida
Detector(s) used
Everything in Kellyco's Showroom!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: I warned 'em I was gonna do it! Now I'm in Florida........

Good ol' Leon County! That's where I grew up. Have fun out there! Lots of good places to go! Check out the end of Natural Bridge Road - there's a monument to the battle that was fought there... Tallahassee was the only capital in the South not to fall to the Yankee's thanks to that battle. Also make sure you walk the St. Marks Trail... lots of good history there. Not sure about where you can metal detect tho... lots of state parks. Time to make some friends with private property!!

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

Alright...one less metal detector here in MO (and one less cop) LOL :icon_jokercolor: Congrats cybercop enjoy the weather and your retirement.

HH Charlie

hunterinthesky

Aug 16, 2008
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300 - DX-1 Pinpointer

Way to go Sgt!!!! :thumbsup: Keep us updated on your new TH grounds.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other

Crap...

I retired, and stayed, in Florida. Does this mean I gotta move to Missouri?

OP
OP
cybercop106

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nah; as long as you live South of Arkansas I think you can stay where you are when you retire.................

It's just us folks from up North have to move. The cold gets to hurtin' these old bones. :D

au4me2

Sep 8, 2007
Ma.
Detector(s) used
Depends on what Im looking for!

CC,

Good to see you again, Congrats on the new Sweety. :wink:

JOe L

Aug 24, 2007
Colonie, NY , That's around Albany
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Alright, congrats and I understand about the cold/bones thing. I am starting to feel a few new aches and pains. JOe

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats on your retirement....I'm thinking hard about that myself, but might go for one more year..then I will have 32 made..Enjoy!!!!!

Mr.Jody

Jul 6, 2008
florida and everywhere....
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5 Quicksilver

I live in leon county too.Just be real carefull where you are MD.I hit all the swimming holes, beaches...any where else, you might end up on the wrong end of the law!! ha...

steve from ohio

Aug 1, 2008

Cybercop106 said:
Well, I'm back after a few months away from the Forum. I finally decided to take early retirement from my cop job and move to Florida. I think it's a law somewhere that if you live North of Arkansas you have to move to FL when you retire......

Anyway, I married my college sweetheart, who lives in Leon County FL, and whom, until early in 2007, I hadn't seen for 20 years. Then packed up all my crap (LOADS of it) and moved on down! She has a nicer house than the one I have in MO anyway...... ;D

Ahhhh...Florida.........The land of the newly wed and nearly dead. Hope you are the former and no where near the latter. If there is a state invented for MDing, it is Florida. Easy digging! Have fun down there!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread