ID - P =W, W, W, W,W, W, W, W, W, W, W, W, W, W, W, W, W, W (new math)

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loomis box with all Id. "river of no return" enders..... BUT----

each roll had scattered Eagle & various state issues mixed in, a total of 101, even a few WIP's with P Mint.......... NO SILVERS:BangHead:

BUT------

EIGHTEEN West Point, all Brilliant Un- circulated, including 1 with a mild MAD off center strike :occasion18::occasion18::occasion18::hello2:

is this a "dream box" ??????:laughing7:

IMG_9957.JPG IMG_9958.JPG IMG_9959.JPG

Upvote 0

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loomis box with all Id. "river of no return" enders..... BUT----

each roll had scattered Eagle & various state issues mixed in, a total of 101, even a few WIP's with P Mint.......... NO SILVERS:BangHead:

BUT------

EIGHTEEN West Point, all Brilliant Un- circulated, including 1 with a mild MAD off center strike :occasion18::occasion18::occasion18::hello2:

is this a "dream box" ??????:laughing7:

View attachment 1775223 View attachment 1775224 View attachment 1775225

Nice finds! The quarter is either a mad or off center strike. They aren't the same thing.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
Going to share the wealth with any of us o the board with those W's? At a cost, of course, but maybe a little less than the Ebay prices?

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still have not found 1 yet but I don't do boxes or look that hard but I Do look .
Nice Score .

The Coin shop was selling them for $20 each bout 3 months ago.

IMHO
Like the Baseball and certain other special issues the prices will most likely come down.

Also the 1999 Proof Set seems to have become unpopular .

Ill find mine , even if it only 1 .

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my LCS says most are MS63/64 with one at MS65.

Ebay sold prices are a wide spread for raw & wider for PCGS/NGC. looks like $20-30 is avg. for raw.

prices will go up or down as the best coins get taken--- no eye deer what these will sell at--- BUT----- $300 to $500 for $4.50 face is possible. still no Lowell, Guam or the stunning 2 Real San Antonio :dontknow::dontknow::tongue3:

got aboooot $1200 in CWR cuters to fondle over the weekend......:dontknow::happysmiley:

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
"but they aren't going to be any cheaper than hauling and searching through the bricks yourself."

I am now up to $32,000 in quarters searched. Have not found one yet.

Yes, I'm VERY dedicated to it. When I take trips, like this coming Sunday, and have to drive 4 hours each way, I open two or three full boxes while driving. I figure it doesn't cost me any actual time to do the work, as I am driving anyway, and I am bored and want to sleep if I don't do something. So I search boxes. It takes a long time per box, because I can't dedicate like I would if I were not driving, but I do it safely and slowly, and check boxes all the way up and all the way back.

So, after $32,000 (64 boxes so far) I still have a total of ... zero W's. And 1 silver quarter from those boxes. Not just Idaho, but any state. :-) Will keep at it, but Arizona just doesn't seem to get too many new coins, and nothing like the W's.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
"but they aren't going to be any cheaper than hauling and searching through the bricks yourself."

I am now up to $32,000 in quarters searched. Have not found one yet.

Yes, I'm VERY dedicated to it. When I take trips, like this coming Sunday, and have to drive 4 hours each way, I open two or three full boxes while driving. I figure it doesn't cost me any actual time to do the work, as I am driving anyway, and I am bored and want to sleep if I don't do something. So I search boxes. It takes a long time per box, because I can't dedicate like I would if I were not driving, but I do it safely and slowly, and check boxes all the way up and all the way back.

So, after $32,000 (64 boxes so far) I still have a total of ... zero W's. And 1 silver quarter from those boxes. Not just Idaho, but any state. :-) Will keep at it, but Arizona just doesn't seem to get too many new coins, and nothing like the W's.

I understand the desire to hunt. But when you factor in the costs, you won't be able to justify not paying $2 for a Lowell. I sold an American Memorial a few weeks ago for a few bucks. Look at the picture (it isn't a stock photo). It will grade a 64/65. If you want a high grade (min. 66) specimen, I'll be listing them next week. They are part of my Do Not Sell stash. Everyone has a minimum expectation of ms66 with a few higher. I'm setting them aside to take to to FUN in January when I can get a show discount for grading. When they come back, they will be listed as BIN at the current market value for respective graded coins.

ILikeMoney

Dec 21, 2014
OHIO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve searched 14000 and have found 10 “W”s. Still haven’t found an SA or ID.
Have found 4 sliver with the earliest being a 1944.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I've done $23k now, got Lowell, War In Pacific and one San Antonion W. I think it was about 20 all in all.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
"you won't be able to justify not paying $2 for a Lowell. I sold an American Memorial a few weeks ago for a few bucks. Look at the picture (it isn't a stock photo). It will grade a 64/65. If you want a high grade (min. 66) specimen, I'll be listing them next week"

I bid like 40 of them on ebay at $6 each. different states. Won none of them. You really selling some at $2? tell you what, I'll buy 10 at $4 each. More than you said you are asking for, but I'd still be happy to get them at that price. Want to sell some at $4 each?? :-)

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
"you won't be able to justify not paying $2 for a Lowell. I sold an American Memorial a few weeks ago for a few bucks. Look at the picture (it isn't a stock photo). It will grade a 64/65. If you want a high grade (min. 66) specimen, I'll be listing them next week"

I bid like 40 of them on ebay at $6 each. different states. Won none of them. You really selling some at $2? tell you what, I'll buy 10 at $4 each. More than you said you are asking for, but I'd still be happy to get them at that price. Want to sell some at $4 each?? :-)

The $2 one had a final bid at $3 and change. With Shipping it came out to a little over $6. That one had a noticeable gash on Washington's sideburn. I have sold through all the specimens that would at most grade ms65. Most were in the 63 range. The bulk junk I sold first in a sheet of 20. I am selling the best of the best that I set aside in my Do Not Sell coin tube. These were all cherrypicked that I intend to send out for grading. Minimum expectation is ms66 which would be the lowest that I would justify paying the grading fees and still turn a profit. But I'm not sending them into grading until the FUN convention where there is a show discount for grading submissions. I still have a few weeks so I decided to list a few from the Do Not Sell stash just to share in the bounty. I've made a ton selling the lesser grades. It is listed at $4.99 (plus shipping). You can opt to purchase on eBay where it is listed. If you want a few of the Do Not Sell stash, I can accommodate a request of say 5. I have about 15 that are in the Do Not Sell stash, but I do want to send out the bulk for grading as there is a bunch of money to be made on the slabbed/graded specimens especially those that come back ms68 or higher. Send me a PM if you want a few.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread