Ideas on a digger pouch.

Digemnega

Feb 10, 2018
Gillsville, GA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Patriot, Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey friends. I'm interested in what you all use for a digging pouch. I have been using a plain old nail apron for awhile. I would like something that would hold my tools but won't weight me down. And of course I would like to go as cheap as I can. Thanks in advance for your help.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
use whatever works best for you.

Obsessive

Apr 16, 2017
NW Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/MI-6 w/ HF/XF/LF
Tesoro Cibola / Land and Sea pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Such sage advice. :D

OP. One of our TNet members makes a killer pouch. Search for the thread on Freeloaders pouches.

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use a leather carpenters pouch.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
i use a camouflage pattern fanny pack yep i'm that guy:laughing7:

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a custom pouch from “freeloader”, he is a t-net member and it is awesome. Handmade in USA!

OP
OP
D

Digemnega

Feb 10, 2018
Gillsville, GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I looked at the freeloader pouches. They look awesome. That might be the way I go. I love for my tools to be organized while hunting. The nail apron was just not doing it for me.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Whites signature pouch is very nice and has a spot for everything, I've been looking for a while and it's the best I seen. Kellyco has them for a good price. HH

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Jesse James

Mar 14, 2012
Lancaster County, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
20180604_233741.jpg
The best place I like to go is Home Depot and look through their rack of tool bags and tool belts. I've come to love this bag. Has a fair sized trash pouch in the back, and a coin pouch in the front. It also has 3 small holders in the front, perfect for extra batteries. With a little unstitching, I was able to make the perfect fit for my pinpointer on the side. I was tired of using a thin nylon belt, so I purchased a 2 inch leather "Husky" belt to go with it. Most comfortable setup I've ever had. For years I had made belts and pouches out of thrift store items, but now like the comfort of this, plus a little style to go with it.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a leather carpenters pouch.

As do I , one with a pretty thick belt & a 3 compartment Pouch , I used this in my drywall days & for 10 or so years of hunting.

My Digger & Pin-Pointer just slide on to the belt .

Oh In my Fatter late 40's ' I have added Suspenders , I have gut but no Butt.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
use whatever works best for you.

He is right , so many options , I try to carry out all smaller trash that I dig so I need a larger Pouch.

OP
OP
D

Digemnega

Feb 10, 2018
Gillsville, GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As do I , one with a pretty thick belt & a 3 compartment Pouch , I used this in my drywall days & for 10 or so years of hunting.

My Digger & Pin-Pointer just slide on to the belt .

Oh In my Fatter late 40's ' I have added Suspenders , I have gut but no Butt.

I can relate my friend. I can relate.

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a light weight fishing vest. It has a large pouch in back and several pockets on the front. But, I still prefer to carry my pin pointer on my belt.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Contact freeloader you wont regret it.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a skeet vest designed for competition. it is very light weight and is comfortable in summer heat. The large front pockets have a mesh bottom so when you drop your finds or trash in the dirt falls thru. The weight on my shoulders helps a bunch and the waist belt type back pressure is now on my shoulders. I have seen some fishing vests also have the mesh pockets.

https://www.amazon.com/Browning-Tra...pID=51RsR39vCVL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Last edited:

mhess22

Apr 24, 2007
Upstate New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
White's Spectra V3i
White's Bullseye TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like the pouch that White's makes. Has a spot for your digger and pinpointer. Also has a spot for a water bottle, a mesh bottom for dirt from trash, a small pocket for goodies, and a long soft sleeve that is elastic like to put good coins and rings and such in.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
HPIM0484.JPG

HPIM1702.JPG

I bought an AWP belt pouch and belt from Lowes pretty cheap. Added a more interesting buckle and dyed it green.

I found the bottom cut out of a quart-sized plastic bottle fits in the large pouch to make dumping the trash items I pull out easy. I keep good finds in the next pocket up and then a baggie for any really-good stuff.

Instead of the separate sheath for a digger as shown I put two rare-earth magnets inside a pocket edge and the digger clings to those right in the pouch.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread