Ideas regarding an organization of treasure hunters/prospectors in Ecuador.

Alaskan Adventurer

Dec 20, 2009
Ecuador
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone. I have been in Ecuador for the last 6 months and I am beginning to work on this project. Opinions please.

We are going to start designing a website, and forming an organization of treasure hunters and prospectors in Ecuador, but once rolling may involve Bolivia, Peru, Colombia and maybe northern Argentina. I guess you can sort of say it is the equivalent of the GPAA of the US but it involves a broader range of exploration revolving around the countries of the old Incan Empire. The priority of the club will be to allow all members the opportunity to make a living by gold prospecting, which will allow the very real, and potentially dangerous expeditions to be funded. With the economy the way it is, many people cannot live their dreams of being a true explorer. Thus the reason for our gold prospecting aspect of the organization. To those who feel like they might have been reincarnated from a line of ancient explorers, or who feel as though they should have been born during a different time period, this opportunity is for you.

Picture this:

By the time we start taking in members, we will have a list of gold bearing areas that will allow you to bring in at least a few grams a day. It doesn't sound like much, but that is $150.00 a day in a country that you can literally live on $25.00 a day or even less. Ecuador is that cheap, while Peru and Bolivia are even much cheaper. Most likely the only costs you would have would be your initial ticket in and a little spending money to keep you going until you start your prospecting career. With the system, you could work for a week or two and join the organization on one of our major expeditions, or contribute in other ways. Web design, promoting our site and our vision, writing blogs, research various treasure legends, etc. What is the price, you may ask? The only price we would be asking would be a 10% gold donation towards funding our expeditions and running the site.

I have a very good friend/contact that might be willing to fund an Robinson R44 helicopter. We would then be able to fly into remote locations and drop off small dredges and increase our income considerably. I personally know of many very rich locations, but they are all very remote, and nearly impossible to reach on foot. This helicopter would open up exploration tremendously.

All our expeditions will be filmed and we will have a section where all members will be able to write up blogs, as well as a forum. The forums will most likely be for members only. Some of our expeditions will be extremely difficult and in some cases quite dangerous. All our expeditions will involve locals, and they will be as knowledgeable as possible concerning the area we plan on trekking into. They will be our hired guides as well as assisting in carrying our gear(porters).

There will be many aspects of our organization that will be worked out through time, including a shipwreck salvaging sector. Ecuador is a great country to dive for shipwrecks if you do everything legally. The country receives 50% of any discovered treasure.

Please share your thoughts and ideas!

AA

PS. This is an idea, and is not set in stone yet. I do have many people who will most likely be interested in joining and starting an exciting life as an explorer. A day outside enjoying nature sure beats a day in the office!!!

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had friends that had A gold & diamond mine in south America ,had to hire A small army that they could not trust to guard them. They were scared shirtless the whole time they were there.

Jonnie

Landfar

Greenie
Apr 2, 2011
Hello everyone. I have been in Ecuador for the last 6 months and I am beginning to work on this project. Opinions please.

We are going to start designing a website, and forming an organization of treasure hunters and prospectors in Ecuador, but once rolling may involve Bolivia, Peru, Colombia and maybe northern Argentina. I guess you can sort of say it is the equivalent of the GPAA of the US but it involves a broader range of exploration revolving around the countries of the old Incan Empire. The priority of the club will be to allow all members the opportunity to make a living by gold prospecting, which will allow the very real, and potentially dangerous expeditions to be funded. With the economy the way it is, many people cannot live their dreams of being a true explorer. Thus the reason for our gold prospecting aspect of the organization. To those who feel like they might have been reincarnated from a line of ancient explorers, or who feel as though they should have been born during a different time period, this opportunity is for you.

Picture this:

By the time we start taking in members, we will have a list of gold bearing areas that will allow you to bring in at least a few grams a day. It doesn't sound like much, but that is $150.00 a day in a country that you can literally live on $25.00 a day or even less. Ecuador is that cheap, while Peru and Bolivia are even much cheaper. Most likely the only costs you would have would be your initial ticket in and a little spending money to keep you going until you start your prospecting career. With the system, you could work for a week or two and join the organization on one of our major expeditions, or contribute in other ways. Web design, promoting our site and our vision, writing blogs, research various treasure legends, etc. What is the price, you may ask? The only price we would be asking would be a 10% gold donation towards funding our expeditions and running the site.

I have a very good friend/contact that might be willing to fund an Robinson R44 helicopter. We would then be able to fly into remote locations and drop off small dredges and increase our income considerably. I personally know of many very rich locations, but they are all very remote, and nearly impossible to reach on foot. This helicopter would open up exploration tremendously.

All our expeditions will be filmed and we will have a section where all members will be able to write up blogs, as well as a forum. The forums will most likely be for members only. Some of our expeditions will be extremely difficult and in some cases quite dangerous. All our expeditions will involve locals, and they will be as knowledgeable as possible concerning the area we plan on trekking into. They will be our hired guides as well as assisting in carrying our gear(porters).

There will be many aspects of our organization that will be worked out through time, including a shipwreck salvaging sector. Ecuador is a great country to dive for shipwrecks if you do everything legally. The country receives 50% of any discovered treasure.

AA

PS. This is an idea, and is not set in stone yet. I do have many people who will most likely be interested in joining and starting an exciting life as an explorer. A day outside enjoying nature sure beats a day in the office!!!
Jason this is Billl lots going on down here now

XtreasureX

Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Picture this:

AA

I've been a professional treasure hunter in Sonora, Mexico for over 10 years. Any type of partnership in the treasure/gold business is a sinking ship. Once there is gold to be split up in a partnership, problems will arise without fail. Especially in a foreign country. Even doubly so with the locals. You will lose money. That being said, I think that the angle to take to be profitable is tourism. It's much more boring and "work like" but, can be made to be profitable. Think GPAA trips to Alaska!!! That was my first expedition I did solo. Nome, Alaska 1993, at 19 years old.

The other angle, information and entertainment, (YouTube and the like) could be the most successful both financially and personally. I would imagine a hybrid of the two, tourism/information could work as sort of a sales/marketing type of situation.

You would have to invest significantly in your South American location. Both financial and social/political investments would need to be congruent. How much do three diesel Toyotas cost? A Minelab 7000? Dredges, pumps, hoses, sluices, etc? Do you speak Spanish? Who do you pay bribes to? Where are the smuggling routes to avoid? Who are the local mafiosos? Who will keep you safe and fed? Who will maintain your equipment? Where can you consistently get a gram or two of gold a day with a shovel?

Consider these things before dropping crazy amounts of cash. Hope it helps. X

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions